Robert Kiyosaki, owner of over 8000 IPs, says next crash will be bigger than GFC

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Robert Chatsworth, 19th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Robert Chatsworth

Robert Chatsworth Well-Known Member

What do you think? Few people would disagree that governments are printing too much money, blowing unsustainable asset bubbles.

Are you keeping your cash on the sidelines to make the most of this next opportunity?

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Cash is a difficult one to juggle - inflation kills it. The game about when to invest / divest hasn't changed. Timing still matters. The balancing act still exists. These guys make their money on the idea that the game has changed. Not it hasn't. There will be cycles; booms, busts. What's new? Nothing's new. They talk as if bad monetary policy and high inflation is this new phenomenon.

Of course one day there will be an event that rivals or exceeds the GFC. What new info are these guys thinking they're selling?

spoon likes this.
  3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2022
    craigc, MJS1034, Gen-Y and 2 others like this.
  4. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

He makes more money from screaming headlines like this and selling books and courses than he ever did from realestate.

5. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

6. Arthurark

Arthurark Well-Known Member

everyone’s predicting something. Sometimes it comes to pass, sometimes not. There are underlying fundamentals for sure and crumbs to follow. At the end of the day when it goes “thud!”, most won’t have seen it coming until it’s happened and say “it was inevitable”.

Silverson, Sackie and jaybean like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Nothing new. Same ol. Of course we're gonna have an event in the future which rivals the GFC. So what? Do I sell up now ?

Pfft. I don't have much respect for the guy nowadays.

He makes comments which my 8 yr old cousin can make with no value whatsoever for investors.

This is his modus operandi. He targets the newbies, the vulnerable, the fearful, the magic potion seekers. Then sells them books, seminars, courses etc.

I find close to zero value in what he says nowadays (and for a long time already)

Toon, spoon, libertyrx and 7 others like this.
  8. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

I just don't pay attention to Robert when he scream the Share market or property price is falling.

All I say is follow own money trail, not how often he flaps his gum.

Sackie likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's why imho the best things (likely only thing) investors can do is manage their risk levels and never overcommit to a point where they could easily get in trouble when the **** hits the fan. Have buffers. Cash reserves. Be diversified to an extent. Buy value. High demand areas or strongly growing. They will be more resilient when the music stops. Nothing is bullet proof. But with some sensible planning and managing risk well, the ugly black swan event shouldn't kill you.

10. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

willair likes this.
  11. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Prior to the GFC, the biggest crash was Black Monday in 1987. If you look at the graphs over the long term, the '87 crash looks like a pimple on the back of an elephant compared to the GFC. It makes sense that the next market crash will make the GFC look small.

KayTea and GoldDaze like this.
  12. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    He also predicted a market crash in 2017 when DOW was 20,000, now it's 36,000. I guess he must have another book or seminar coming out:rolleyes:

Piston_Broke likes this.
  13. jaybean

You're livin' in the past, man.

14. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Was he expecting crashes bigger than last one when he was acquiring IP's over say 30 years hmm. Probably he has offloaded 1000 properties and wants a crash to buy again.

15. carfield

carfield Well-Known Member

if you want people to buy, use a log scale graph on Y axis

if you want them to sell, regular scale with normalization to the ding dong high date

jaybean likes this.
  16. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

That’s why I see investing through great super fund as ultimate way to benefit of cycles. They usually have oodles of cash and can take advantage of dips or swoop in and buy companies cheap.

Timing market is hard. Having cash is really a cost if it’s lying there doing nothing. Even term deposit returns are rubbish. People who had money in cash last year very likely missed out on stellar returns.

KayTea likes this.
  17. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

Owner of 8,000 IPs?? I assume it means 8,000 investment properties. That’s insane! Can this be verified? Are they houses, apartments, commercial blocks? I don’t believe those figures

18. The_Billy

The_Billy Well-Known Member

owner of over 8000 IPs, says next crash will be bigger than GFC

That would be fantastic. Great time to buy.

19. jaybean

I'm not sure how that's even manageable.

My guess is he manages some funds which owns a ton of properties, and he's just counted some of those.

20. carfield

carfield Well-Known Member

I read his book before, most his investments are in US and you can't compare apple/orange because:
    1. He invest with his team in block of cheap/apartments,
    2. his focus is all about cashflow (not about capital gain)
    3. his focus is all about borrow against cashflow and buy more positive cashflow
    4. repeat and economic of scale
    5. taxation law is very different.
    Most of his "8000" are small/cheap flats, not like he has 8000 houses on 800m2 block. Also in US, unlike OZ, population is very evenly distributed and there are many areas with cheap land/house with housing demands.

I think Australia when people talk about property, they are too focused on capital gain.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia