Entertainment & Music Ridiculous video games

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by joel, 1st Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Which console are we taking about? PS2?

2. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

I think you would need an emulator on a computer to make it work via the internet. I could be wrong?

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

There was a group who were working on an unofficial port to PC, completed within the last couple of years I think, I'll see if I can find the details.

4. joel

joel Well-Known Member

I used to clean up in the N64 competitions at the uni bar - $50 prize every time. Those winnings paid for most of my beer actually.

We had the emulators on the computers in high school.. IT figured out that they can block the emulator program. So we just downloaded a different one..

As for crazy computer games, did anyone ever play Elf Bowling, or Elf Bowling 2? Pretty sure they're freeware. During my childhood we had a computer with a couple of DOS games; Galactix, Halloween Harry and Hugo's House of Horrors were the best.

Tony Fleming likes this.
  5. Famil Man

Famil Man Well-Known Member

was that 'Road Rash'? twas my favorite game on PS1.
    In recent years i have lost all interest in games themselves, i prefer the player verse player aspect now, biulding skill etc. "smite" is my favy from the last few years.

6. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

Yes Road Rash my mistake :p

7. Nimble

Nimble Well-Known Member

Flat Out racing games, all of them.

joel likes this.
  8. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Quake live online has it all done for you. I think you can lock games and set teams etc etc is been a while since I've played

9. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

World of Warcraft - good way to save money, you never leave the house.

Cheers,
    Michael

10. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

I haven't played in 4 months and I don't thin I'll go back. I couldn't dedicate the serious hours I wanted to it, so there isn't much point. Go hard or go home.

11. joel

joel Well-Known Member

Zoo Tycoon -because I'd always let the lions loose on the people

12. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

I was raiding over Christmas last year, knowing it would be my last fix for a while with the start of a new business.

Boy did I enjoy it and looking forward when I can go back and play more :)

Cheers,
    Michael

LibGS likes this.
  13. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Before I met my wife, I was in the top 10 on my server for achievements.

Hmm, maybe my 4yo is ready to be trained into a fishing bot :)

Michael_X likes this.
  14. wogitalia

wogitalia Well-Known Member

You obviously never played a DK mode slaps only war! Goldeneye could get plenty ridiculous. My friends and I used to play proximity mines and we pretty much knew all the spawn locations and would bug them out, die once and you're probably going to die 3 more times at least!

Lemmings was a great game from a ridiculous perspective that has also been mentioned.

Drug Wars was a cool and simple one in my youth that was some what educational as well!

Battletoads was another great one, the ability to kill each other led to more than a few fights and Nintendo bans in my friend group! Brutally hard game as well to cap it off.

GTA series always ended up see how long you could escape the army for as well, don't think I ever completed any of them.

The Sims has to win this though, the amount of ridiculous and fun things you could do in that game is out of control. There was an article floating around recently based on a reddit (iirc) of most creative ways people found to kill off Sims, some of it was flat out sinister but all of it was hilarious. The term painting goblin was one I learned for something I did in pretty much every game ever with every child I ever had in that game!

Rollercoaster Tycoon was also fun, seeing how far you could shoot a roller coaster and how many people you could kill (I might have a problem!) was always fun as was creating rollercoasters just to make the people spew!

Theme Park/Hospital were another good pair of games on a similar path.

I used to love playing the older racing games and turning off damage and driving backwards for the most spectacular crashes possible! On a similar vein, Destruction Derby was a great game that was pretty much all about that and of course Road Rash which has already been mentioned.

Tony Fleming likes this.
  15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Haha, that's the way.
    The proximity mines were awesome. Got some good chained explosions happening, take off for a hiding spot.

16. joel

joel Well-Known Member

In multiplayer, if you crouch down and then move around in the game, you don't actually walk, you slide. Looks ridiculous.

I read about someone playing Rollercoaster Tycoon where the objective was to make your park better than the other guy's. Instead of improving theirs, they fed the rollercoaster into the other guy's area - where the people continually fell off and died - causing the park's rating to drop until he won.

wogitalia likes this.
  17. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

That is brilliant.

18. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT CONKER'S BAD FUR DAY?

Not safe for work.

joel and LibGS like this.
  19. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

I high school we played one of the FP type Star Wars games. Can't remember which one. We were all PC nerds so everyone was always chasing the latest hacks etc. We started off playing the game in its standard format then by the end if the year everyone was using hacks. Extreme ones like Obi was able to fly and you could kill people with the lightsaber even if you weren't near them...stupid hacks....but fun if you were the guy killing. If you got killed it wasn't so fun...lol

20. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

Loved RTC 1 & 2 growing up.
    They don't make tycoon games like they used to. Everything is now, click, wait 24hrs, click, build, click, wait, pay $2.99 for reduced waiting time.

So I just decided to pick up RTC3 and get back into the good stuff.

Re. Ridiculous games, I've been a gamer since I was 5,
    Anyone remember altered beast on the mega drive? Weird, ridiculous game.

I've lost many hours to football manager - ridiculous in its depth and detail. Love that game. My wife still doesn't understand why I would play a game where the board of directors could fire you for poor performance, and then you need to go find another club that will take you on. -- I don't see the point of playing a game without consequences...

A more recent ridiculous game - Dark souls. Insanely difficult.