House & Home Ride on mowers

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by dabbler, 26th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Have a serious look at the Greenfields.. Australian made with good after market support/parts. Clutch is a cork disc so easy to self maintain

2. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

I bought a $1000 suzuki sierra to do all the "heavy lifting", carting trailers of fire wood, moving round bales for the misses horses etc. and the occasional paddock donuts:p.

Blacky and dabbler like this.
  3. Corkey

Corkey Member

Greenfield...

4. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

I got myself a hasqvarna 2038R.
    Hydrostatic. U-turn. Can shoot or mulch or put a catch on it. 38inch deck. 20hp briggs engine.
    Found it on gumtree for a couple of k and came with a tow behind trailer and ramps. Only 60hrs on her.

Just keep your eye on gumtree for one to pop up then pounce as they go very fast i found.
    20161123_130814.jpg

WestOz likes this.
  5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

I operate a Kubota ZD331with 60" rear discharge $25k:eek:
    30 min to mow this area (When dry).
    Great finish :cool: 20160417_122353.jpg
    (there are better things to do than mowing:rolleyes:)

Attached Files:

jim1964 and Westminster like this.
  6. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Looks like a collectible, almost a HO Phase III standing there....an investment, not just a fast ride......lol

7. dabbler

lol....what a pro......I would rather catch some TV, say the F1 (yay...Riccardo won !!!)

So as long as it looks like I am doing something and the grass/weed/lantana is shorter, I will be in the good books :)

Stoffo likes this.
  8. dabbler

How does cruise control work on a mower & what does it save you doing, or what is main benefit apart from passing out after your 10th cocktail ? (I am hoping it has a self homing function)

kierank likes this.
  9. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I have 10 acres and have an 80yo Massey Ferguson tractor with slasher on the back. I cannot kill it :( I occasionally break it but so far all I've done is let the petrol run out so all the sludge went into the filter so it needed a new filter and I broke the uniball attachment from the 3pt linkage to the slasher.

You might want to look at a quad bike that can then tow a trailer or tow a slasher/flail mower AGPRO ATV QUAD BIKE FLAIL MOWER 120S + ELECTRIC START 13.5 HP BRIGGS & STRATTON | eBay

Good brands for tractors/mowers/slashers - Kubota, Toro, John Deere

If you have a large area and you don't want the winnows you get with a slasher then a a flail mower can be a great addition to a tractor. It mulches grass etc into a nice fine mulch.

10. dabbler

Dude, it is on, we can either spin around with my LR and the 6.4, or if more daring, you can go in my tool trailer as I bounce it of the rocks in lower paddock, or we can do about 10 on my flat car trailer with the boom box on the back blasting Freddie and other 80's classics off the back ?

Of course, you can always retire on the septic, but no mess on the rugs !

Biz likes this.
  11. dabbler

Westminster, I was mulling over a Fergie on one of the totally flat blocks, or where it would be slashing uphill, but I do not like the idea of downhill and the slasher having enough momentum to overcome whatever is left of the old brakes, after a few sherbets as @kierank has suggested, I can see that gulley coming up faster than an AirAsia flight with the hebegeebees (lucky buggers)

kierank likes this.
  12. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

It works the same way as in a car. When the sales guy mentioned it to me, I laughed.

He went on to say that I should NEVER use it. He said the biggest problem with it is that people forget that it is on, they drive into trees, buildings, etc, and then have to replace their bonnets. I laughed again. Apparently, it is true.

No self homing function - it doesn't have a GPS. Well, my version doesn't have one.

BTW, I don't use the stubble holder either :).

13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

We have a Toro zero turn with mulching kit (no need to catcher) and it's fantastic. No big loopy circles trying to get at that "bit by the tree" and has a ball for towing the small mower trailer. Hubby did tonnes of research - his forte - so I trust his judgement.

Make sure you get a mower that has a welded deck - not pressed - so that you don't have to pick up all the sticks and stuff before you mow.

I'd get a rid on for an acre - and tractor with slasher for anything 5+ (or a horse)

14. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

I thought this would be a great addition to a ride on, until the first time i used it and the wind from behind caught all of the grass clippings the thing was throwing out then proceeded to fill my beer with a combo of dirt and clippings.

Stoffo, kierank and Corkey like this.
  15. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

I was initially going to suggest similar incl frail but mentioned may also use it at IP's

[​IMG]

This things a little beast

jim1964 likes this.
  16. dabbler

Just what you need after a few drinks.......something to assist you with running into trees or fencing....lol

I thought about zero turn, but on our family acreage they only have normal ride on and tractor slasher, there is trees, but I won't be worried about doing it that well & if it has been very wet I would be worries about the front wheels on a lot of them ?

Yes, a horse, I could just allow someone else to put a horse there, but then they may blame us if it gets hurt & they may hang around all the time, I can get some of own breathing lawnmower/s :)

Yum.....is there a law against drink mowing on your own place ? google is watching us :)

17. dabbler

Hey Stoffo, what are you doing on the last weekend of every third month ??? ...... he he

Stoffo likes this.
  18. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I use 2nd gear to reduce speed. I have about 5 acres quite steep so I turn on a slope etc and the nice wide slashing deck at the back helps stop me rolling down the hill. No sherbets allowed on the Fergie - she takes all my wits and muscles to control.

dabbler likes this.
  19. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

We've had the Husqvarna mentioned in previous posts and a Toro zero turn.

Our land was quite rocky and rough, the husqvarna was useless and parts constantly broke. Never had an issue with the Toro.

20. dabbler

Some people online were saying same of Husky, but I guess there is a lot of different models or where they are made maybe ?

What broke ? and why, was it due to hitting rocks ?

How much was your reliable toro and cut size ?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia