Rich, Super rich, middle class? Definitions please

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Car tart, 14th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

It is not unusual for people to change careers when they have "conquered" one.
    I myself hold Real Estate licenses, Motor Dealers license, Vehicle construction license and yet work mainly in fundraising for charity (for free) and as a private lender to major developers.

My son was a school band conductor, which is a very highly paid position at elite schools when they want to win the trophies on offer. But he has ideas of being a full time performing artist.

One of my daughters is one of the most in demand private chefs in Hollywood, she is concerned that the future of the industry will not be in silver service, fine dining or avo's on toast. Obesity, nutrition, and food allergies are the "go to" conversation with the WAG's of the super rich and she believes that she can develop recipes and products using a science degree in food technology with her skills and knowledge as a chef to start the better food revolution.

BTW I still feel cooking is the oldest profession, not the other one people immediately think of.

SeafordSunshine and sharon like this.
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Well done with your Daughter- I bet her photos hang very high on your wall..
    This is a good quote about class and rich and poor..

You are rich if and only if money you refuse tastes better than the money you accept..
    Nassim Taleb..
    I think you will understand that quote very well..

Car tart likes this.
  3. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

For $600/night, I thought she was really selling herself short...haha

4. PeterYB

PeterYB Active Member

From my perspective:
    Poor - Mostly working poor in 3rd world countries and those who can't work for some reason in Australia,disability or lifestyle choice etc
    Middle - Most of the workers in Australia
    Rich - Don't have to work and can still get most of what they 'want'/Also the income rich but time poor ie IB, Doctors, Partners at law firms
    Super Rich- Something like billions
    Super Super Rich - someone who is beyond the Super Rich, those that the Super Rich look up to ie Warren Buffett, Bill Gates

5. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

yep.

and significance on top of that is pretty cool

ta
    rolf

ollidrac nosaj likes this.