Rich Kids of Dubai, Singapore, etc etc

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Blueskies, 23rd Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Have seen a couple of news articles about this phenomena lately, eg:
    The ‘Rich Kids of Dubai’ are really rich
    I try not to invest much energy in things outside my own circle of influence but i do have to say the attention and admiration these clowns get does p!$$ me off!

I have great respect for self made people, I think they deserve everything they have worked for, built, taken risks for etc, but these superrich brats who have done nothing but be born to the right family are nothing to be held up high.

It is sad that these people are fortunate enough to have wealth in the top 99.999% of the worlds population and the best thing they can think to do with it is buy a bunch of overpriced designer crap, cars and literally roll around on piles if money. I have infinite more respect for the lowest earning members of society working hard just to provide for their families, or the good folks on PC pushing themselves and taking on risk and effort to grow through investing.

TMNT and Colin Rice like this.
  2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I read it and I suspect most of these "Singaporeans" are actually foreigners living in Singapore, if the claim is true. As a society in Singapore, I highly doubt the local rich kids would flaunt their parents' wealth to this extent. Yes they may have nice cars etc but the story here seems quite extreme. Anyway...slow news day perhaps.

3. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

The people that have an empty stomach are the ones who will succeed, not the ones that have a full stomach.

el caballo and Blueskies like this.
  4. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Good on them. If I had that kind of money when I was young I probably would have done the same. :D

The older I get the less I care about all that kind of stuff though, owning a super car for example would be a chore more than any show boating benefit I would get out of it.

balwoges likes this.
  5. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

I think that's true.
    About half of the money in Singapore bank is own by wealthy Indonesian.
    The government is trying very hard to stop the money flowing back with the current tax amnesty program.

6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

110% agree with you, unforruantely, my guess is that they dont give two hoots about what poor plebs like us think of them!

7. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Douche bags getting "admiration" from douche bags. Guess douche bags have to have someone to look up to.

I think people like Buffet and Musk have demonstrated that you dont have to be a douche bag just because you have money.

Imagine being one of them though. Poor *******s. Never had the joy of working their butts off and being taken for granted by an unappreciative boss. They've missed out on so much.

Blueskies likes this.
  8. wobbycarly

wobbycarly Well-Known Member

Lying around on money would be uncomfortable.

9. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Most ceo's and captains of industry have had to endure bad bosses on their way up the ladder.

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Whereas Trump started already at the top of the ladder.

11. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

12. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Sounds like a faked article to me.

Not that I don't think really rich people are spending money in the ways mentioned. But most of the photos seem too posed - like advertising or PR shots.

It's a bit like some of the posts on this forum - best to believe only a percentage of what people say - especially when it relates to their great wealth, number and value of IPs etc

Yawn...

balwoges likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.