Reviews and opinion on this company

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Zeemo, 2nd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Zeemo

Zeemo Member

Hi everyone,

During the weekend, I stumbled upon this website regarding NDIS housing and the guy did almost an hour video providing lots of detail and explanation.

I am wondering if anyone has done business with them and also if anyone know them.

I am very interested in NDIS SDA

NDIS Investing | Investing in NDIS Property

Thank you

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Had a quick look through their web site .

If they can build a good quality 3 Bed HPS for 520 k , I’d be stunned . We paid 530k starting two years ago and I’ve heard we’d be looking at $650 now as building costs have gone up significantly.

Cliff

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I've never dealt with this company.

But I have seen them spruik other cashflow real estate investments. Which makes me believe that they are purely interested in the high cashflow and possibly not so much in desirable properties for tenants.

I've been much more impressed with the approach as presented with @RPI in this forum and his company. It seems to start with the welfare of the client first, and then work back to something which is beneficial to the investor.

RPI, See Change and wylie like this.
  4. See Change

We went with NDISP ( @RPI ) and have started the process of doing a second one with them .

cliff

RPI and geoffw like this.
  5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Thanks guys.

This is not comment about above. I don't know them.

The thing with investing in this space is there is no pricing inferior locations or products. The tenant pays the same. Or if there isn't solar power or you are not close to things it costs the tenants more to live there.

Normally build a small place or on a busy road etc I'm development.and you can price away the down sides and make it work.

Not in SDA. Need to build best product in best location. Otherwise someone else will and you will have no tenants.

Robust housing is complex. We have a massive waiting list because it's by far the hardest to make work.

We have never met a Robust participant who can share, or an ethical care provider for Robust participants who can share. Or any department of health staff who have participants who can share.

We do know of robust share houses that have been empty for over a year. That we would never manage and people are better off selling on the open market. Or knocking half of the stuff out.

A robust duplex ( no participant shared areas) should have 10m or so between the edge of the building and the boundary. Less in exceptional design eg we have a 5 m setback on a 1200m2 long skinny block. Never on small blocks. And 99 percent never any shared areas.

So you need to buy on big blocks. Our robust duplex costs $750k to build, plus you need a big block of land 30m frontage min.

HPS costs a lot to build too. You need to put everything in and make it big.

Minimum design doesn't work.

You need to spend a lot of money in this space with the right provider managing that expensive property to make it work.

geoffw likes this.
  6. See Change

Couple of concerns

haven’t watched the videos , but from what I could see they don’t appear to be an SDA provider .

If that’s the case I’d personally be wary about doing that . Given all the potential risks involved , I’d want to know that the person who is designing , organising the build is also going to be managing it long term . That way I know they’ve got motivation to make sure that the location and build are going to work .

the SDA provider is the person who has their ear to the ground in terms of where the demand is . Unless you’re involved in that space , you don’t really know what people are looking for and where the demand is .

second concern is that they mention in their blurb about HPS being more expensive because they need wider door ways to fit wheel chairs , with the implication that the other catagories don’t need to be wheel chair accessible .

I’m no expert on the design protocols , but I thought other design catagories also need to be wheel chair friendly . @RPI . Is that correct ?

cliff

7. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Wider doors are required in most designs. And good idea in all though