Reverse Selling process.

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Dylan33, 24th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

im selling a property myself 'as is'. I've advertised it for the price I will take. give or take a grand or two. There are a few minor issues regarding the inspection but I have taken these into consideration and adjusted the price before hand. I'm eager to see if buyer mentality can be changed or will I still have a hard time trying to get it past them? I've already excepted an offer due to a low 'starting price. But I tried to explain to them this will be the price post inspection. I know they are going to try to use the issues to price adjust. I'm interested to see the outcome.
    Anyone else tried this?

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Huh?

What do you mean by "issues regarding the inspection" and "already excepted an offer"?

So its sold now?

Agent30yrs. likes this.
  3. wobbycarly

wobbycarly Well-Known Member

Guessing it's a "subject to" contract and the potential buyers are going to try using their inspections to negotiate or else crash the contract.

Agent30yrs. likes this.
  4. Agent30yrs.

Agent30yrs. Well-Known Member

5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Depends how you have priced it.

We sold mums house a few years ago. House was 50+ years of but very well maintained. We told the agent that we were not prepared to negotiate with nit-pickers who would try to negotiate on minor issues. Any 50 year old house is going to have some bumps and bruises.

Sold quite quickly for very close to realistic asking price.
    Marg

Perthguy likes this.
  6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

If you have had the house inspected and supply the inspection with the sales campaign and iterate it's 'as is' then people should only offer what they think it is worth.
    Whether that offer is what you want is a whole other ball game.

7. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

Update. Well after one false start with a buyer retracting his offer due to a bad BI the next one understood what I was trying to do and made a good offer. It was on the market for a month and is now under contract. Still I think it is hard for buyers to get their heads around a different process of negotiating. They arrive ready to do battle with a seasoned REA.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Good outcome

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia