Reverse cycle split system air conditioning

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Propertyman, 30th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Propertyman

Propertyman Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Anyone recently installed a reserve cycle split system air conditioning unit in any of their Qld properties? My property is up for rent and the feedback has been that there is no air con.

Just looking for an indication of costs including installation?

Thanks in advance

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

It really depends on what size machine you get. Installation will be a set amount plus extra depending if they have to lay pipes a long distance cross the ceiling and up or down walls .

We paid about $800 to $900 for the unit and another $700 for basic installation, then additional $100 per metre to supply and lay pipes/hoses from the unit to the condenser. We did this to ensure the location of the unit was in the best place to pump air through as much of the home as possible as we didn't want the condenser right at the front of the building where the driveway is. This was in Brisbane a few years ago.

3. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

I got a great system put in my Brisbane townhouse - split system, with two internal units, but only one compressor (outside unit), that splits the air between the two bedrooms, based on demand (as the upper bedrooms face west, they are horrid in the late afternoon and into the evening).

To have the whole lot installed cost around $3500 (but I put decent ones in, as it was my PPOR at the time). It was a two-storey place, and a fair bit of drainage piping etc had to be installed (as I couldn't have the compressor on the front wall of the property). This was early in 2016.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia