Rethink Investing

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Kurabi, 25th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Scott was a member posting on here a while back - was more resi at the time but from the podcast has certainly moved well into commercial.
    Agreed interviewed very well & seems to know his stuff.

Sackie and lixas4 like this.
  2. Nada123

Nada123 New Member

How much does it cost to utilise their services?

NickWCBA likes this.
  3. Galore

Galore Member

Arrogance at his best.
    Send couple of emails to consider me as client coz I wanted to buy a commercial property.

But rejected by the spokesperson who was replying the emails coz they don't have time to pay attention on me.
    So I tried to connect with Scott on LinkedIn, I got the response from him that he can help me but I need to speak to his EA.

So I was back to square one.

Speaking on podcasts is one thing and helping clients to achieve their goals another thing.

4. mkbonline

mkbonline Well-Known Member

Whom are you dealing with in Rethink ? I have enrolled 2 months ago but nothing good came out yet. Feel free to PM me.

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Heard the same feedback from a few on here. Most of these larger podcast marketing BAs are rubbish. They are only concerned about volume not their clients.

If they can't talk to you...that shows what you will get in service. Having said that you need to be ethical and not be a time waster.

Some BAs are super sensitive. I even had give me a veiled threaten....needless to say that convo got shutdown quick. I happen to know civil and defamation laws well.

There are always 2 sides to a story. In my personal opinion in a boom a BA will not do a lot of good.

The other thing is most BAs use facebook...and google. Have you noticed there are no negative reviews? Better still I have seen where a lot have facebook groups...disagree with them and you get locked out of their facebook groups.

Be very careful.......a lot also want 3k up front....are you prepared to loose 3k. Will any work for pay on performance?

Last edited: 31st Oct, 2021
  6. Galore

Galore Member

True.
    Second that.
    Came across some BAs from FB groups who don't own even one investment property for himself apart from PPOR and they talk about buying multiple properties for the clients.

How they became BA?

Oh, they did some BA course :)

God bless their clients.

7. Michael888

Michael888 Member

Spoke to one of his ex staff who was one of their best Buying Agents. He has gone solo and knows Scott O'Neill is focused on the the big clients over $5million plus so he makes big dollars for effort. Nothing wrong with trying to get wealthy but you'll be lucky to get any rewarding effort from Rethin under $5million.

8. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

9. mkbonline

I am their client as well. Paid $1600 3 months ago - only 2 properties proposed so far. One of the was available in market and 2nd was in middle of nowhere. I will be asking for refund !

10. mkbonline

What's the name of the staff? PM me if you cant disclose here.

11. mcdill

mcdill Well-Known Member

Are there any recommendations then for other buyers agents who would give good client care for those looking for CPs that are under $5m?

12. Steve01

Steve01 Member

My experience was excellent with Rethink. Purchased a CIP thru Scott at Rethink. Sub $500k with an established existing tenant with new 3+3+3 lease at over 6%. Great service and am using again.

13. HaigJames

HaigJames Member

I have also used Rethink for three purchases over the last 18 months. All sub $1m deals with good yields.
    I was pretty particular with what I wanted in terms of yields and asset type (industrial). But they found what I wanted each time.

so I’m very happy I found these guys. I’m actually in the process of selling down one of my residential investments to purchase another CP :)

Steve01 likes this.
  14. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Do you know on how many magazines they have featured in with different historical accounts?
    He was even on the TV! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

This is like suggesting a oncologist who hasnt had cancer is no good. They may be more empathetic but otherwise the skills are independent of the outcome. A REA who does BA work may see hundreds of cases and have a great amount of skill.

16. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Would you take tennis lesson from a tennis coach that doesn't play tennis?

Rambo likes this.
  17. Michael888

Michael888 Member

I tried Rethink buying agency service as did a number of others I know and I am sorry I cannot recommend him. He overpromises and underdelivers. He really is only interested in getting rich and takes care of the big deals. The small deals he sidelines and sends atrocious properties with pressure sales.

Also their numbers do not stack up. Again another post in the weekend newspaper of how he and his wife purchased so much property in such a short time. He basically leveraged off the marketing and BA income to purchase more properties. There is a lack of genuine sincerity in his marketing and lots of gaps in his information. There are good deals out there in commercial property but just be aware that it isn't as easy as he makes out.

18. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

If that's true, then the business is aptly named lol.

19. Steve01

Steve01 Member

I can only comment on my experience and it was very good and no where near the $5m price with a great outcome and am using again.

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Do ya work for rethink?

I think the fact someone asked a question a Scott O'Neil does not respond says it all.

Compare that to some controversial stuff said about PK Gupta. In every instance he has responded and gave his views. That shows the differences and attitudes of both businesses..so kudos to him. You can infer what you will from my comments.

Investor1234 likes this.