Resurfacing kitchen cabinets

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Brian84, 14th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Great work Skyfall

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

decent beams going up! wouldnt mind seeing some during photos of those suckers!

for your bulkhead in the kicthen just recently i saw a photo of a kitchen that did a dropped ceiling for the kitchen area. it separates the room but also one thing that ****** me off after doing our kicthen was the gap between top of cupboard to ceiling! dropping the ceiling to top of cupboard height neatens it off. photo attached from pintrest as an idea and what i did to try and hide it.
    There are heaps on pintrest (never really used it before... its nuts!) there was another with the strip lighting up the top. Id go square set, saw one with cornice and it looked very average!

Attached Files:

Azazel likes this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's something I've never understood, that gap above cupboards. They should all go to the ceiling, surely. It can get a bit gross up there over the years.

bob shovel likes this.
  4. property world

property world Well-Known Member

I think its because the average person cant reach that high and it also might become a problem with the cupboard door opening with the roof.

But still i think they should go to Ceiling level for aesthetics

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

The average person wouldn't able to reach up to store stuff up the top there - or clean it either.
    There's usually still a bit of a gap with the cornices.

property world likes this.