results mentoring

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by the world is your oyster, 7th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

hi there
    no iam not by any shape or form iam in the currently in the building/construction industry I work as a plasterer iam just looking to build wealth and live a better life for me and my wife and kids when we have them
    if someone was genuinely interested I would most certainly ask them to contact results and check the price so they can see I have no extra money in this . iam only doing this for my own education not to make a quick buck of a fellow investor not my nature

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Kudos to you for taking the time to share.

Am curious is Lindeman? still part of their mentoring program, this guy discusses various property markets and also provides his predictions on this.

3. the world is your oyster

yes he is very much involved he will be at two market updates a year and there is support from him in identifying growth spots and spots where growth will be not so good

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

One thing I would actually do is review his past reports on areas he identified for growth over the last 2 years. This to me is very important, call me silly, but I need to know that the person who is recommending specific areas gets it right most of the time.

Marisa:)

5. the world is your oyster

Thanks marisa
    I will have a further look

Xenia and MTR like this.
  6. mja

mja Well-Known Member

So many marketing buzz-words in the content to get you into an emotional state.

VIP
    Early bird
    award-winning
    Immediate start
    Limited 1-on-1 mentoring
    members-only website
    extensive online reference materials
    powerful tools
    at no additional cost
    join for FREE

7. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Yep, agree here, but also that those locations and price points suit you. Order a few reports and look at the places suggested as if he's recommending small regional towns and you're looking for metro places, then the report isn't worth much to you specifically.

Both Steve McKnight's and results have their places. Steve's course is more of an online course with a lot of fundamental info. steve's course also includes info on managing the property after purchase (eg how to select tenants, how to communicate with PMs, how to check that the property is still right for your portfolio). results jumps straight into the 'doing' without too much groundwork covered (although this might be covered in the first 6 months prior to the mentoring coming in). it could be better if you have funds available (but you could also get tempted and jump in too fast too!). Both have lots of templates to work through numbers.

The main thing is to ask about their approach and that you agree with their approach. Eg if they focus on flipping properties and your focus is on long term buy and hold, then the info may be limited for your purpose.

Not meaning to dampen any enthusiasm as I think it's brilliant that you are getting some fundamentals that will always be there to build on, just ensure that it is the right course for you.

Cheers

Westminster likes this.
  8. the world is your oyster

cheers mate for your feedback

I have done steves course and found it fantastic. what ia still lacking atm is funds I lost a heap on a bad investment a few years ago... iam now more educated in to not buying a lemon like I did now I need to do a joint venture or 2 to get some of my own money I was thinking having a mentor to help me build that bridge I need to get started and I know results work more one on one with you with your goals and budgets I could do with getting my personal stuff better I think also and was hoping some experts could help with that , Steve only touch's the surfurce with you .....I don't know about the MAP program thow
    I find my self motivated but maybe need a push to become more entrepreneurial and think out side the box like iam sure hundred's of investors have done before

9. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Omg ... :rolleyes:

And what will the guy or girl say to me on the 30 minute phone consultations ?
    What if I start heavy breathing ?

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Jan, 2016
  10. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Honestly I'd save your money, work your ass off, and read all of somersoft and property chat. That's all free, and you'll learn more.

Then when you can borrow you'll be confident that you are making a wise decision and you'll have an army of people here to support you.

MTR likes this.
  11. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a smart man to know where the next growth spots are... Good luck to him if he knows .... Probaly got the info from this forum :eek:

CU@THETOP likes this.
  12. Chris Au

Using results
    results could be ok to bounce ideas off about going into a JV, how to progress through it. Do you know what type of project the partnership would focus on and you're role in the JV? If you don't have a lot of cash and require the other party to be the money partner, then I assume you would effectively becomes the skills partner and would need to demonstrate your skills in that area. You could go into a JV with another results member where you would be both learning through the same place.

You could do worse. They won't give the answers but ask a lot of questions for your thinking when the actual 12 months of the program starts in July. Where are you located? They have property meetings that are usually open to the public

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Jan, 2016
  13. the world is your oyster

hi Mac
    I would be thinking of a reno or reno subdivide first . I would be the skils partner and need a money partner until I have my own funds to do it alone but later on as I/my wife got bigger we would need a money partner again but with more experience it would be easier I suppose .. were in melb western suburb's

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

You guys in Melb?
    What about going to the investor meet ups, I am assuming you have these in Melb?

I think you are already in front by living in Melb, I am biased but I think this city is going to continue to be low risk and provide great opportunities moving forward.

It wont cost you anything to meet up and personally I think one of the key factors to successful investing is networking, however you have to be selective, network with those that have a track record of making money and make them your teacher:)

Marisa.

15. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@albanga you've sold me! That sounds great and like you've gained so much. Well spent!
    I would not have expected anything to that level. It is hard to sell when there is so much uncertainty with the ads you see and being somewhat sceptical of nearly all ads/courses trying to sell something

16. Chris Au

I agree with Marisa, regularly check the PC meetup section and head to some property investor meetings (I saw there were a few listed for Melbourne), also Property Meetings have meetings in Melbourne. You could slowly build a deposit through JVing renos. You could also look at some innovative investing options (rent to buy, vendor finance etc). These aren't my cup of tea as they are too much aggravation for my risk tolerance but are an option.

You can jump into results in June-July and in the meantime, attending some investor meetups, advertised in PC, Propertymeeting.com.au will let you see what's out there before jumping in.

the world is your oyster and MTR like this.
  17. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Reading your posts @the world is your oyster a saying comes straight to my mind " a fool and his money are easily parted" your much better saving your pennies and getting educated through this forum or by reading heaps of books like others have mentioned.

18. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

@bob shovel yes when i signed up initially I didn't think I would be sitting at Steves house playing with his dogs drinking coffee but that is just the calibre of person he is. Whilst everyone is in the game to make money, I do think he is one of the ones who genuinely wants to see others do well.

I really think each to their own in terms of personal development. Some would rather hold onto the 5k and learn via books and this forum whilst others like myself see 5k as a drop in the ocean. I definitely encourage going to the meet-ups when they are available, as others have mentioned I think networking above anything else is the key ingredient.
    But do also keep in mind I met a property developer via this course that doesn't even know what PC is, we met on the weekend and there is a massive opportunity that has been presented to me that I would never have had access to without the course. Even if the feasibility is half accurate it will still return my investment over 30 times on 1 deal alone.

19. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@albanga it's not what you know, it's who!
    Even on pc there's bucket loads of info but your limited to meetups in your area or city. There's plenty of people around this planet and doesn't mean they're here waiting for you!

albanga likes this.
  20. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Exactly @bob shovel
    I know a lot of names on this forum and have been to the odd meet-up but its a bit more challenging to form close relationships. As I said in my original post the networking side of things is why I signed up as I knew it would dare i use the word "force" people to come together.

I am a pretty extroverted guy but make no mistake that first networking day was still quite awkward. In my group was my brother and I, at the time new to property, working on a subdivision project. The developer I have mentioned. A couple who run a successful chiropractor business with 6 investment properties, a lady who has done a few developments and was doing a two townhouse at the time and another lady who only owned her home and was thinking about her first investment. So all different people with different strategies and goals but none of which have ever been to a PC or Somersoft board.