results mentoring

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by the world is your oyster, 7th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

hi guys and girls

my name is daniel , I have been talking with the team at results and and pretty keen on investing in myself and my future and looking to see if there is anyone out there who would be keen on splitting the initial cost and getting the same access to the course as I would get

Daniel

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Jan, 2016
    Xenia likes this.
  2. sandyfeet

sandyfeet Well-Known Member

Most of the items in the list will be found here on this forum in one way or another.... And it will be much cheaper.

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

How much is it?

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Is this what forum spruiking looks like? o_O

DaveM, S.T, Glorion and 2 others like this.
  5. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Think of it not as a cost, but an investment in yourself and your own success.

MTR, Jess Peletier and Glorion like this.
  6. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

Here's my view on the matter for what it's worth:

Make of that what you will.

7. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Its about $6K from what I recall.

8. Terry_w

This sounds like a way to justify highly priced property seminars. Henry Kaye used to say the same thing.

Jess Peletier and LifesGood like this.
  9. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

;)

10. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

I am going to apologise in advance for this long post but I do feel this is something worth sharing.
    I took part in the Steve McKnight property apprenticeship last year. My share of the investment was 5k, when I told some of my friends they laughed at me. They could not comprehend why i would part with 5k to further myself?

Anyway I do want to discuss the course in detail and what I got from it.
    Firstly I got access to the course material. Without a doubt it is the most comprehensive material I have read on property investing with the exception of this forum. The material covers almost everything, some in great detail, some skimmed over. Now i know people will reply to this thread saying all that information is available here, and it is. But what i will say is you dont know what you dont know. Good material will introduce you to a foreign subject which then allows you to thrash it out further here. The material is backed up with long webinars from Steve who delves further and uses real life examples. Now if this is all you got then I would say it is not worth 5k as you could get similar from reading 10 books and then spending a lot of time in here.
    So i would say any "course" that they give you a book and some videos and off you go I would say no. That can be achieved with far less cost.

That being said, what else I got access to was:
    Monthly live webinars - Steve talks about a subject for 30 minutes and then opens up the floor to people to discuss anything and answers these within his boundaries. These are very informative, they are similar to someone posting a problem here but you get far more interment details and learn a lot from how Steve responds. As a former member i still get access to these.

Free Access to Steve and partner events - These are not very expensive but if you attended all these events within a year it would cost you probably $500 alone and for those that have been there is always some good stuff to learn.
    All good learning material but still worth 5k then I would answer No.

However what I also got was:
    15 minutes one-on-one per month with Steve - Now 15 minutes doesn't sound a lot and it isn't but there were times when my brother and I were in Steve's office for over an hour. Our very first one-on-one with Steve basically turned everything on its head for my brother and I. Everything for the better!. That being said the biggest regret I have for this course is not utilising my time better with Steve, unfortunately for us at the time all our money was tied into a deal so we were not actively looking for deals where his expertise would have been invaluable. I learnt a lot from my sessions with Steve though and as my mentor he has given me the mindset I have today.

I had dinner with Steve on several occasions and he even invited me and a few others to his house one night where we sat around talking for hours. Not sure how many mentors would do that? See the thing Is with Steve and I would be confident in saying anyone else who runs a great program would still be available if required even once you have paid up in full. I have no doubt if required I could flick him an email and he would offer his assistance ASAP.
    So worth 5k? All of the above plus having access to arguably one of Australia's most prolific property investors and the owner of a 80million dollar fund? I would say yes.

But the next part is honestly the reason i signed up and where i knew i would get the most value. As part of the course Steve ran 7 full day workshops with all the other members. In total I think we had around 80 members and these sessions were sensational. Like minded people from all walks of life across all states of Australia. Some people had never done a deal, some people were discussing 3 million dollar deals. Some people were developing, some people were adding granny flats, some were dealing in commercial real estate. It was like a live version of property chat that brought us together and people formed great relationships.
    For myself I was in the process of subdividing and building and I told Steve this in our first one-on-one before a workshop, luck would have it in my group was a builder/property developer. We are now great friends and looking at deals together as we speak.
    My new friend also asked to look at my plans and in 1 hour he had made 5 simple changes which I put back through council at a cost of around 5k when i do build, I am confident will add 30k on sale. Without him caring enough to want to look i would have just built as planned.

So would i even blink an eye if asked to pay 5k again for a course like this. Of course not. The benefits I have already received, the benefits i continue to receive, the friendships i have formed and will keep forever on my life and investment journey, then 5k is NOTHING!
    I get very frustrated watching people invest in everything but themselves. I have over 5 friends who have brought an "investment" property and sold it for a loss. Those friends who laughed at me for spending 5k, calling me nuts, let me ask you, are they laughing now as I just sold my subdivision project for a net profit of 200k?

PC is without a doubt the best resource for property investment available, make no mistake about it. But there is nothing wrong with combining it with other learning opportunities. People need to try and see past an initial cost and think about what long term benefits something can offer you.
    And depending on your business these courses may even be tax deductible (See an accountant).

So to answer the initial post then go for it. I hope someone takes up your offer, if I didn't have the year i have planned ahead of me I would consider jumping back on board. If half the cost is 3k then it sounds like a steal. I also obviously recommend Steve's program, although he does not mentor anymore (I got very lucky) I am sure he would still be around and likely run a workshop or two.

Invest in yourself before you invest in anything else. Massive kudos for you taking the time to look into that before diving in.

11. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

More so, I know from personal experience and many a client experience, that the environment and association of a common goal makes for some outcomes that one usually can not achieve themselves.

In my earlier days in financial services I have worked with 100s of people who have the education and the resources to do "whatever" they wanted........yet while they had the skills, talent and resources, they were not sufficiently connected to someone that could make the difference to "push" them over their own line, for their own reasons.

ta
    rolf

Noobert, Redwing, mrdobalina and 6 others like this.
  12. Terry_w

I have a client who has done the course and is a big fan too. Looks like it costs about $9k, but if you are serious about property then this is not much in the scheme of things as Albanga has pointed out.

Don't you also get a real estate agent qualification out of it?

13. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

@Terry_w you are correct. With Steve's course you get a certificate IV in business once completed. And what I can tell you is that the assessments were TOUGH! There are 6 assessments in total, the second one alone I submitted well over 50 pages!!!
    I remember a while back posting that just reading something is soon forgotten but putting it into practice really helps you retain it. The idea in the course being you read the material and then do the assessments to hammer home what is taught. The end of each assessment has case studies which requires you getting out and "doing". There are about 3 whole chapters on number crunching alone and me and my study buddy fried our brains a few times trying to work those out.

Unfortunately I did not complete the course in time so did not get my certificate IV, life threw a few curve balls last year but as I stated above, I knew the power of the course was always going to be the time with Steve and as @Rolf Latham mentioned the associations I made with a common goal in mind. A few of us are actually getting together this weekend to discuss some opportunities.
    I also have the material and often refer to it, so it is not like it disappears if you do not complete the course. I do however regret not finishing it! Steve certainly gave me some stern words in a one-on-one when i told him about my motivational levels at the time. I remember leaving that session with my tail between my legs thinking I just got told off by my dad.

14. the world is your oyster

I don't think its a matter of cost myself if you can benifet also it penuts really

15. the world is your oyster

yes they would but not the one and one support you receive . I have reached out to many experts and only when you have money do many want to talk to you ... not all but most I have found

16. the world is your oyster

no you don't get a qualification out of it but the money I plan to make would free up time if I wanted to fund my time to study ... live life on my terms is the dream

17. the world is your oyster

I started a conversation with you terry

18. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

You may get more interest if you post the price in this thread?

19. the world is your oyster

the cost is $10,000
    so $5,000 each and that's for all the included stuff up there

Xenia likes this.
  20. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Are you affiliated/associated with the mentoring company? Will you benefit from any sign ups?

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia