Result Mentoring - need a partner to share the cost

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by ask2000, 12th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ask2000

ask2000 Member

I have heard some good feedback about Results Mentoring and I am pretty keen on investing in myself. I am looking to see if there is anyone out there who would be keen on splitting the initial cost and getting the same access to the course as I would get. Course cost is $10K, which will be split between 2.

2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

You have just found this forum - I would suggest spending some more time reading infomation here along with previous threads in Somersoft
    If you still believe your $10k is worth it after jump on it.
    I would be surprised if there were many existing memebers that would want to part with $5-10k

Agent30yrs. and ashish1137 like this.
  3. Agent30yrs.

Agent30yrs. Well-Known Member

@ask2000 Try craigslist

4. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I haven't used them but, as others said, depending on your experience you would be better off spending a few months living on here and other investing forums. Reach out to people who are achieving what you want to achieve. You can then work out the strategy that makes most sense to you, and how active or passive you want to be. You will literally find all the steps you need to follow.

If you're a newbie doing mentoring you'll be paying to get beginner information. You need enough baseline knowledge of your own to be able to fully benefit from mentoring and know whether or not you're paying for is value for money.

ask2000 and Brady like this.
  5. oki doki

oki doki Well-Known Member

I heard some podcasts etc of results mentoring (from Templestowe, melb). Googled and searched about them...but was not sure and comfortable to give away $10,000 for mentoring...
    I get the general idea of what their approach is but wish they had a lower entry point.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Spend $500 on books, read the forum and actively network with other successful investors on here. That's all you need and it's more than most ever do.

Azazel and Terry_w like this.
  7. ellejay

Someone on here said their experience of people who've been through similar programs is that they have little confidence to buy ips despite having been through the program. Anecdotal and depends on the person but you have to stand on your own two feet at some point and take responsibility for your own learning. What investing successes have the people who reviewed the program had since they completed? Have you actually seen what results they've achieved as a direct result of the program?

It might be tempting to see handing over the money as a shortcut to getting all the answers. Sadly it's not like that though and you'll still have to put in all the hard yards yourself. It could be a good program, I don't know, but be objective and well informed before you hand over serious money.

Luke T likes this.
  8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I have one client who has done the results program. She has done well investing and she goes back every year I believe (and pays more fees).

9. ellejay

Each to their own, and I don't know her situation, but with the usual buying and holding costs as well as the ongoing mentoring fees, it's hard to imagine how this strategy would be sustainable going forward unless they're providing some seriously lucrative advice that no one else is privy to.

10. Terry_w

I don't think it is the advice, but the 'pushing'.

I know how to do a sit up, but I will be more inclined to do then it someone is encouraging me.

TeeLee and Luke T like this.
  11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

And give the other $9,500 to Leo ;)
    Priceless advice.

12. ellejay

God, that's even worse if you're just paying all that dosh to be prompted. If someone said to me "you can do these push ups by yourself at home, or we'll come and help you to do them at $10k per course" I know which way I'd go, but then same with people who pay for diet programs and so called 'diet meals' to be delivered to them at home for an extortionate fee. It's like hello I can chop up my own vegetables and make a low calorie meal, how hard could it be?

13. Terry_w

me too. But the 'personal trainer' area is booming. Lots of people will pay for an instance fix (which isn't really a fix and is not so instant).

Luke T and oki doki like this.
  14. oki doki

Lot of info on results mentoring is avl free online...their usp is that they will help u analyse the deals for you.. Build a portfolio upto a size.. And then SELL to buy a property of higher value ( could be commercial).. Basically build up the downpayment to buy a property of higher value and supposedly higher returns... This is all I remember based upon my conversation with them few months ago.

15. oki doki

And yes, you can get access to data hotspot report etc ( but u can buy them without joining results)...

16. oki doki

They r no diff to others like binvested or victor kumars. except for the the sell the entire portfolio to buy a more high value property part..

17. Terry_w

Everything is out there for free. Star Tennis players don't need a coach to help them, but it can come in handy sometimes.

18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

n
    @Azazel you would be a brilliant PR agent ;)

HI @ellejay I understand your point and to some extent I agree, but I think its different for different people.

I know it sounds kinda silly to pay someone to push you to do something, I agree. Let me put it this way from my own experience. I have paid money to people to basically 'push' me (although not really push me but influence my mindset) to take me to the next level. I know it sounds ridiculous and perhaps most people don't need it to excel. What I have found for me over the years is that the mind is an amazing beast and it truly controls everything. And sometimes I need to fool/push/trick a resistant mind into 'getting into gear' before I can get to the next level. For me I feel it has helped me a lot, not only psychologically but definitely has yeilded tangible results as well.
    I'm not saying courses are good, bad or the other and like I said in my earlier post I think at this stage buying some books and networking on the forum is more than enough, but my main point here is really for me, I don't care what needs to happen to get to the next level, be it a 'push', or a 'kick' or whatever. As long as I get the results. But others may not need anything else and just naturally be top guns. More power to them :)

Last edited: 12th Sep, 2016
    ellejay, Terry_w and Eric Wu like this.
  19. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

20. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I paid $500 for annual gym fee... went 8 times.
    I then decided to pay the $500 again for the next year, went 3 times.

I now pay $20 to go each weekend as there is someone there that holds me accountable, i've been there 30 times out of 52 weekends :)

Yes i can do the exercises at home.... i just find excuses not to... eg. the sofa is comfy :p

As others have said, it is a mindset thing. I personally don't like these "property courses", but that's because i figured i can do it myself..... now if only i can say the same thing about the gym.

Terry_w and ellejay like this.