Resources and subscriptions

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Niche, 10th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Niche

Niche Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

As someone who is very much in the learning phase of being an investor I am jut curious to hear what do people use to stay up to date with the market as well as the economy in general. This can very anything from podcasts & blogs to possible magazine & data subscriptions.

2. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

There's a lot of posts here about RP Data subs, I don't see the need for it if you're a new imho.

An investment is an investment, you can make a bad decision with the best of data. It's always going to be a risk. A risk you can partially mitigate.

I really liked Realestate.com.au suburb reports they were extremely helpful

Microburbs.com.au is a fantastic tool for a range of things

Talking to agents is another good resource.

SAIL01 and Sackie like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If you learn how to conduct good due diligence on a market, a state, a suburb, dwellings. You'll be able to reduce your overall risk and maximise your chances of that dwelling working for your portfolio rather than against it.

Most of this info is found free on line and speaking with players on the ground. Also, most of what fundimentally makes a good asset/investment hasn't changed for centuries imo.

Dan Wood likes this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Property alerts from RE com that I get from my searches I have set up. While you need to separate the reality from the spammy stuff, it gives a good idea of what's coming up in the market you are watching.

The other is looking at the sold properties on RE com using a map view - gives an idea of pockets and streets that are moving etc

Finally the rental section of RE com using map view - see what is vacant, how many there area, what they are asking, and what is not betting let.

The Y-man

Dan Wood likes this.