Residex Top 100 Reno and Suburb Reports

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by House, 16th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. House

House Well-Known Member

Have heard these been talked about a few times by people like Jane Slack-Smith. Does anyone use these to identify potential reno suburbs? They sound pretty comprehensive detailing every street in the suburb and give a formula to discover the discrepancy between renovated and unrenovated. And 'hedonic regression methodology' sounds awesome.

Are they cheaper or free with the Annual Supplement sub? Website is a bit ambiguous.

2. Realist35

Realist35 Well-Known Member

I would also be very interested to hear from people that have used these reports, successfully or not..

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@House I have looked at the reports in the past and they are fine to the extent of gaining further confirmation of an area you have done DD on already. Or, you can use it as a starting point to identify potential areas and then gather other corroborating data from various sources to put a more comprehensive picture together.

Realist35 and House like this.
  4. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

I've used them.
    Do your own DD first and use them to confirm or add to the info you've already done - I added some locations to my search based on these reports.
    Having heard John from Residex speak a few times, they do far more DD than I could or would ever do! But they don't know my situation. So combine the two and :D.