Resheet Bathroom Newcastle

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by samiam, 27th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Water leakage behind vanity- hence seems like we need to do some major bathroom renovation for our tenants
    We don’t really want to do much as we plan to knock down the house in few years
    Any recommendations? Thanks

2. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

Im going through the near-identical situation now. Fortunately, my place is vacant....but other dramas going on I don't want to disclose here yet. First, my managing agent gave me a horrifying quote for 15k for a new bathroom. Later they found a trades handyman type for 4400K to dry out the place, fix the wall and replace the carpet in the adjoining bedroom. Water leak came as tenants abandoned my place and a slow shower leak was undetected by the agency for months and about 1900 litres a day leaked for god knows how long. So yeah of course I'm going to get a mould risk report done as well Rest I don't want to talk about as never know who is on here.

3. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Thanks. Did you claim through landlord insurance? I am going to find out about it in next few days. It would be very hard to do a major Reno while tenanted. RE agent got a quote which is horrifying for me too :(

4. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

Trying to but some funny things going on that I don't want to go into here. Not the insurer's fault. What I can say however is that generally only burst things are covered. Slow leaks they generally don't. But your landlord's insurance will cover you for things like damage to internal contents and carpets. Loss of rent whilst being repaired too. But my situation is complex due to factors I can't talk about yet in a public forum

Edited to say look for a trades handyman. Not a building contractor. They don't want fiddly jobs like this so hence the 15K quote. The handyman offers a range of services in his company as he is fully qualified in range of services so not a dodgy small scale guy and he works on being reliable and ethical so has good word of mouth

samiam likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.