Resale land before settlement?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Thy Fere, 8th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Thy Fere

Thy Fere Member

Hello Folks,

I am new to this forum. I am wondering if there are still lands available around Melbourne that I can hold for 10-20% deposit and resale before settlement?

Is it legal?

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

For what purpose? To make a profit? Sounds highly speculative.

3. Thy Fere

Thy Fere Member

Yup for profit. Well, I want to find the land that will be settled in a year ot couple of years. Most of the time, land price increases. In fact, I just want to raise a deposit for my first home.

4. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Why not just save a deposit a traditional way? Otherwise your strategy just seems like a riskier version of putting it all on black. Do some searches on these forums - the topic has been discussed before, and the consensus was not positive.

5. Thy Fere

Thy Fere Member

Thanks again for your reply. U r right about risk and saving traditionally but it's not possible because property prices are increasing more than my rate of my savings. I will search the post.

6. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Sounds risky.

If your buyer fails to complete, you may be legally bound to settle on the land. Make sure you have a plan B.
    Marg

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia