Replacing external lock and handle with a flat blank panel

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Something_Wrong, 10th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

HI All

I think I will work it out but just thought I would ask to confirm before I start.

I have to remove my Glass sliding external door handle as it is over 10mm protruding and according to the pool inspector it makes it a foot hold in a Non Climbing Zone. NCZ1 ( I find it hard to believe as its 1100mm from the ground but them is the rules,

The easiest way seems to be change it from a lock & Handle to a blanking plate. I assume I just undo the two screws on the lock/latch and that will remove the handle internal cover showing more screws holding the external handle on and then re assemble the handle once the flat plate has been installed.

Its a Doric Handle Brand

Attached Files:

2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Correct (bolded bit)

Something_Wrong likes this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

The alternative it to probably increase the height of the whole locking/handle structure to 1200mm height.

4. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

Did ask that then it becomes a hand hold and falls into NCZ 2 or 3. I also had to remove a beer opener that was mounted on a post near the pool fence at 1400mm as it was a hand hold.

NSW has some dumb rules, our concrete pool is between 1500mm and 1820mm out of the ground with a Flat and smooth finished concrete wall and I have to put a 1200mm pool fence in front of it.

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

That is interesting. Our rules in WA would state that doesn't need a fence as it's wall is higher than 1200mm. We would just need a gate/fence for the steps up to it.

However in our lunacy we did have to put a pool fence on top of our boundary fence as our neighbours had a garage on the boundary and they might have climbed up onto their garage then jumped 2m down into our pool area and drowned.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.