Repair reimbursement from original installer

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by twobobsworth, 25th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

We've had ongoing issues with our ducted air con since it was installed last year.

Over the weekend the system has leaked into the roof. They sent someone out yesterday who advised it wasn't leaking, just condensation/ice build up then melting. The pipes were not fully insulated which they said was fixed yesterday.

Ran it for a few hours last night and awoke to this :

leak.jpg

I really don't want them to touch it again. They are suggesting putting a drip tray underneath but this may need the beams to be "trimmed" as there is not a lot of room.

I am wanting to get someone else out (& send them the repair bill). The original installers say there's no warranty once someone else touches it and I not sure what my chances are of recouping my out of pocket expenses.

Not looking forward to the 40+ degrees today!

2. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

That's shocking! no legal guru but I'd be documenting everything, taking heaps of pics, get onto consumer affairs or something.

Get in touch with a couple of other firms that sell the same brand and query them on the warranty part

3. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

Get in touch with fair trading in your state and ask what your options are regarding repair. You may be able to use another suitably qualified technician without losing the warranty.