VIC Renting big storage sheds and farm land

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Ronen, 10th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I've got a rental property which is:
    • 3 bedder (currently rented)
    • 2 big shed (300sqm each) - both with concrete floors and electricity (separate meter to the house)
    • About 30 acres of highly fertile farm land.
    Located in Gembrook, VIC (about 50km from Melbourne CBD).

I had a farmer leasing the land from me and he decided to move on from farming, and I was wondering if anyone has an idea where I can advertise this land.
    The price per acre is quite low (about $100 PA), so it's something most farmers that want to grow their yield can use.

Also, I'm intending to advertise the sheds with the house, if someone wants to rent the house and can use one or two shed for their business.
    I'm thinking $250 PW for each shed (or some reduced price if someone rent the house + 2 sheds) but wonder if someone has an idea where can I advertise the sheds if the house will be rented without the sheds.

There's no issue to lease each to different people as the land, the sheds and the house all have their own access, so no one gonna step on the others toes....

Any ideas?

2. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

3. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

You could also advertise the sheds (maybe the land too) on Facebook and Gumtree under realestate / rental properties.

Does renting the sheds and land separately from the house affect your insurance?

5. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

I'm a bit reluctant to go Gumtree. You never know what you'll get, but I guess maybe if the business checks out...

I have no idea if it will effect the insurance.
    When I talked to them I told them I rent the house the sheds to different entities (same people, but the sheds are under the company and the house privately, both agreements are private ones, not commercial)

6. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

Checked with my insurer (AAMI) and there's no issue if the different parts of the property are leased to different people.
    However, due to the type of insurance I have, none can be used for commercial activity, such as shop front, workshop or anything that has visitors.
    That works for me, as I prefer the sheds to be used for storage and stuff, not as some "walk in" shop.

7. Pano

Pano New Member

Is this still available? If so please contact me 0405333061 I am looking for home / land / shed rental.
    Thanks