RentFresh - anyone heard or used them before?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by David Shih, 28th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Hi guys,

Got a letter from this agency - RentFresh last night positioning themselves as a secondary agency who can assist in getting tenants. Quite a salesy brochure I must say. If they do end up getting a tenant for you then they'll also give you 3 months free on their pm charge as they like to ensure owners are happy with them.

Has anyone heard or used them before? Sounds like a new agency who wants to get in the game so I'm not sure how reputable they are.

Cheers,
    David

2. ashalim

ashalim Member

I just got the same letter as well. Would be interested to see if anyone here use them and what they think about the company.

3. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

I received one also for a property that we manage in the Logan area. So they sent it to the property manager instead of the owner (ooops).

We had the property leased before the current tenants left so them offering to do a better job finding a tenant wasn't very appropriate.

I do read everything with interest as you can always learn a few things from others however, I found this letter to be spammy, poorly written and not targeted (so inappropriate in most cases).

Word of mouth referrals from doing a good job in my opinion has more integrity than trying to pinch other agents listings through spammy letters.

wylie, MyPropertyPro, D.T. and 2 others like this.
  4. quop

quop Well-Known Member

I got their letter today, 1 week after current PM signed up tenants who have moved in. Not sure how they got my details, presumably from a title search? But letter being sent to my IP address probably not a great move... it only got to me because I was living there until a few weeks ago and redirected my mail.

Letter is long, spammy, and full of red font highlights. I had a look on their website and found it odd that instead of actual photos for their staff, they use cartoon drawings.

5. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

rip off on the PM percentage....no way I'd ever pay that.

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Sep, 2022
  6. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

The PM percentage is only one component of the fee structure and one which catches a lot of people out. They negotiate a lower percentage but all the other fees (that we believe shouldn't be charged) such as a admin, disbursements, statements, lease renewals etc. still add up to make the overall percentage of rent high, even though the perception is that the fee is lower. So often I've seen a 5% management fee but once the other fees are added up the real overall management fee is double digits!

It also depends on the state - those percentages aren't bad in Qld (provided they're not charging all those other fees) but in NSW it would be high and in WA it would be an absolute bargain!

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Sep, 2022
  7. Cousin

Cousin New Member

Just been googling these guys because they have been recommended to me. Whats the current perception? I note this is a fairly old thread.