RentBerry- Have Your Potential Tenants Bid for Your Place!

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by House, 4th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Would You Use Rentberry?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maaaaybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 733

733 Well-Known Member

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

More often than not I think undesirables would offer higher bids to secure housing as they have been denied/evicted other rental accommodation.

If said undesirables trashed your house and got behind on rent, refused to pay, changed the locks and squatted, would that really be worth $50p/w more you could achieve in rent via bidding?

I leave it to the discretion of my PM to find solid long-term tenants.

House likes this.
  3. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Yep, 100% agree, if I have to jump through all the regulations, expenses, tenant winging, maintenance, tax, political pressure, apra pressure, bank interest gouging and myriad other assorted risks associated with holding investment properties, then I should be able to seek the highest possible rent for what I am offering through a transparent bidding process.

4. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Lol, "free" market - only when it benefits you, other times you're happy to get the not-so-free-market hand outs via negative gearing, CGT discounts, superannuation laws, (among others) etc.

5. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Huh? "Cgt discounts?" I actually don't support having a cgt at all.

As for a "free market" benefitting only the owner and not the renter this is false. Owners will eventually realise market rates but currently this takes time. Eg list at $500, 2 weeks later drop to 480, then 2 weeks later 470 the finally accept an off of 450. Waste of time for everyone and an unutiilized property in the meantime. With an open system the property and the market rate could be found much faster. Tenant gets a place quicker and landlord gets rent quicker.

craigc and Perthguy like this.
  6. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

The greater volatility in prices could be detrimental to all if proper controls are not in place.
    You could see landlords and tenants come up with all sorts of BS excuses and ruses to try to get out of leases if there is is sudden move in the market one way or another to get a better deal.

Dummy bidding could be another issue.

It may also not be all beer and skittles for landlords - like gumtree you could see vendors being bombarded with lowball offers and time wasters if they sense your place is slow moving or demand not hot for that particular property.

Personally, once the novelty wore off, I couldn't be bothered with eBay auctions and only bought buy it now items and there's no reason the same won't happen.

Archaon likes this.
  7. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with the govt using an EOI or tender process for the selling of govt land - if the process is transparent. The last thing you want is deals done in backrooms of Macchiaveli's by political powerbrokers & king makers like Fast Eddie.

As if the rental bond board will accept this as an alternative in Oz.