Rent Drop

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by hash_investor, 15th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Drop the rent by $20 and get that phrase 'two weeks free' up there on the site.
    I don't listen too much to even the best PMs about that initial price anymore (present company excepted). If you think about it, they have an incentive to keep rents up and to keep your property in a queue. That is, there were properties before yours which are still not tenanted and they're only just considering dropping their rent. New properties on the rental market advertised with high rent make the other contenders look much more attractive.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Just be aware that (like happened with our rent drop situation) even the promise of two weeks rent free (or even four weeks), if they don't think your house is worth $550 then they won't care about how many weeks they get free... it isn't worth $550.

That is what we found anyway. It didn't help that this was in an area where hundreds of new built apartments were empty too, so we had an older house competing with new builds that could be rented for $500. If we didn't drop to a figure that got them in the door, we had no hope.

I'd be guided by the PM and also what you can find on the net yourself to see where your place should be sitting. I would have preferred the rent free weeks over dropping so much, but we just were not competitive.

Marg4000 likes this.
  3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

I understand that. The numbers figure is psychological

wylie likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.