Rent Arrears - Why isn't agent sending Notice to Leave?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Pipsal, 4th Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

Just on the note of s299,315; if these rental reforms result in 'without grounds' evictions being abolished, any leeway previously offered by Lessors/Agents to Tenants for frequent rent arrears breaches or other indiscretions, where currently overlooked because they do always make right eventually, I believe will be heavily used to remove them since the Lessor can no longer choose to not do business with them by giving them a Notice to Leave (without grounds).

2. Pipsal

Pipsal Well-Known Member

The bit extra each week was the remedy the agent negotiated after the September breach notice, but they didn't stick to it. Since then they've received 2 more breaches, the second when they weren't complying with that payment plan and the third when they didn't make their regular weekly rent payment either....I was referring to the third notice, the Agent was saying that by paying one regular weekly rent payment late they had now remedied the notice sent last week, even though they were still $600+ in arrears.
    I told them to issue the Notice to Leave today though, and they tell me it has gone through as the tenant has already contacted them...will see if they actually move though

Michael Mitchell likes this.