Renovations ideas welcome!

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by MsSassy27, 8th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MsSassy27

MsSassy27 Active Member

Hello, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how to improve this property's floor plan. Would it be better to have more bedrooms, kitchen or something else? The lower floor would need to be renovated to have a functional laundry. There IS an existing internal doorway between the garage and the lower level. I would like the master bedroom to have an bigger wardrobe but the existing ensuite should remain as it is. Perhaps a bigger living room space with fireplace would be nice? Any advice on how to achieve this via renovation or extension are welcome!

upload_2020-5-8_10-52-4.png

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Is this as PPOR or renovate to sell or to rent out?

What do you want to achieve?

Why would you want any more bedrooms?

Is downstairs legal height with space to fireproof between the two areas?

Is the downstairs section well drained and sealed if it is partly underground?

vbplease likes this.
  3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Apologies but it's really hard to draw on this screen.
    Would it work turning your bed 2 with the two WIRs into your master bed, and your master bed into parent's retreat/robe?, oh, and remove the separator between dining and living room, just leave the barrier for entry up/make that a cupboard for a little privacy. 20200509_094830.jpg

4. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

As Angel said it depends on what you want to achieve..

If PPOR then it’s what you want?

If it’s for resale value then I’d get a local selling agent in to let you know what buyers in your particular area are searching for and willing to spend $$ on. This might be different to what you want in a PPOR.

If it’s a rental then I wouldn’t do anything other than a lick of paint, as the floor plan looks fine. The increase in rent won’t get a return on your investment.

If it’s for a high end flip, depending on the site aspect, orientation, views, slope, head height downstairs etc i’d look at moving the kitchen downstairs to get the indoor/outdoor flow from the kitchen/living room to the backyard.. this will give you more room upstairs for a huge living room and 5 bedrooms. You may need a small extension downstairs for this

5. MsSassy27

MsSassy27 Active Member

Thank you for your time to read my post . Unfortunately, we missed out on being the successful Buyers for this property. It was an multiple offers situation and the final purchase price went over the listing price.