Reno now with future subdivision issues

Discussion in 'Development' started by Des, 30th Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Des

Des Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

We really need some advice from some experienced sub-dividers.
    We just bought a period house with a heritage overlay for the facade/street appearance, corner block, 595m2 in the inner suburbs of Melbourne. We plan to keep the backyard for the kids for a few years and then subdivide and build on it, as many other corner blocks have done in our area.

The original house needs a total reno to be able to move in, however some of the decisions we need to make are going to be dependent on exactly where the subdivision border will be and if the council is going to allow us to continue parking in the front of the house (which they have allowed a neighbour to do who just finished subdividing) or not.
    Eg,
    - do we need to demolish the add on laundry
    - will we be able to use the 9mx4m yard between the south wall of the original house and the street as the private space of the original house or won't that be allowed due to being shaded by the house.

My question is, how do we go about finding out these things without actually going through the building and subdivision process yet?

What would you do in our position?

thanks!

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

First step would be to talk to a Townplanner who is familiar with your LGA.

I'm not sure who operates in Melbourne on here, maybe @lixas4, @Westminster, @MTR might know someone.

Des likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Try @Tufan Chakir

craigc, lixas4, Des and 1 other person like this.
  4. lixas4

lixas4 Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing!

Tufan Chakir and MTR like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia