Removing Trees in Ipswich - has anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Jmillar, 30th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I've just had a survey done on my Ipswich site and there are trees that will have to be removed for my subdivision + new build. I called Ipswich council to see what the process is. They said there is no vegetation management ovrlay so I had 2 options:
    1) If there is a risk to property or people I can remove them at my own discretion
    2) Include it in the DA, showing the trees I want to remove, and they will assess it with the DA

The way she said it, she kind of 'suggested' that I should just remove them. She also suggested council probably won't object to the removal of the trees.

Has anyone removed trees in Ipswich? It's obviously very different in QLD to Sydney - I need to remove trees in a Logan property too and they told me to just remove whatever I wanted..

I'm thinking I should have removed the trees before doing the survey. But now they're on the survey we will have to mark the trees we want to remove. And I guess if they deny any that I do want to remove, then afterwards I can remove them 'if' they pose a risk to people/property.

Keen to hear other peoples' experiences

Cheers

2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Definitely the former imho!

3. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I removed some in Logan, called the council gave them the address, described the trees they said I could go ahead and remove them without a permit. They made a note in the system of my call.

Ask your contractor about Ipswich they should have a good idea of what they usually do in the area. I can give you the details of the company I used if you PM me. Make sure anyone you use is fully insured.

4. Jmillar

Thanks - will PM you - definitely struggling to find good tradespeople for a number of things at the moment (fencing, tree removal, shed and pool removal)

Cheers!

5. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

6. Jmillar

7. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member