House & Home Removals syd to Perth

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by bob shovel, 16th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Anyone got some good tips for removals? Made a few calls and got some quotes but not wanting to part with the cash im looking for other options

Back loading?? What and how does that work?

Are there truck hire places that give cheaper rates to get their trucks back? I know they do deals for camper vans to get them moved around the country. I have an MR license so the DIY option could be leading, yet to get prices

I figure that with the exodus out of Perth there should be something empty going back
    And we're in no hurry for it as we have just extended our stay out west so would like some more stuff(!!) with us, plus there's little chance we'll return to syd so we'll get all our carp together

2. Chode

Chode Active Member

We moved from Port Macquarie to Perth in 2011 and then back to Brisbane a year later and used a backloading service.

The company I used doesn't appear to exist anymore but I can tell you it was $3000 to move our stuff (2 bedroom townhouse worth of stuff) from Port Mac to Perth and $1500 to move the exact same amount of stuff back to Brisbane. Go figure.

As far as I know our stuff was simply labelled and put into a container with a bunch of other peoples stuff and shipped over. The company came to our house and picked up everything in a normal removalist truck which I assume they took to some warehouse to transfer to the container.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Backloading is a term for picking up a load of gear for the return trip when you'd otherwise return empty. Syd/Perth can be a backload at times (places like CSR import into Perth then send to the eastern states so their trucks go back empty)

4. House

House Well-Known Member

I used Bay Removals to backload from Perth to Syd. Pretty effortless and cost $600 for one bedroom and some boxes, much cheaper than other options give the bulkiness of the bed and drawers.

Think there's a Whirlpool thread on pros and cons of backloading but definitely worth it $ wise for me after the good experience.

5. bob shovel

This has reared it's head again

Anyone got companies they'd recommend? Or just do a googly and cheapest wins :)

6. Scott No Mates

Contact some bods in Perth (still shrinking). See of they need a back load.

7. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

I recently needed to move some stuff interstate. I found there were a few companies online where you could get a quote such as Removalist Quotes Online - Furniture Removals and Moving House Online Quotes

Essentially you list what you want moved and where and companies bid for your job. I cant remember exactly what website I used, but it was quite good and I was very happy with the quoted prices. There's a number of these websites out there.

Only downside was that I was continually contacted by the operators of the website asking if I needed them to connect my utilities at my new address - they obviously make money on that.

bob shovel likes this.
  8. bob shovel

I should be able to haggle and get it done for a case!

9. Scott No Mates

Do they still drink Swan Lager in Perth?

10. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Nah most of us drink real quality stuff ova ere mate, like the Mexicans, VB or Corona.

The tight ass's drink Emu Draft, old bogans drink Emu Export (both fart beers)

11. bob shovel

Oh ****! I'm the out of town old bogan!

12. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Easy for an eastern stater to make an error, expect better from a dancer though, would think your pref would be white wine or vodka ;)

When I moved over from Syd mid 90's I asked for a schooner of VB, "sorry what's a schooner" she had to show me the glass sizes, it tasted like crap, like the lines hadn't been cleaned in a long time or something, took it back to the bar and queried it, turned out she thought I said EB (Emu Bitter), lesson learnt.

bob shovel likes this.
  13. Scott No Mates

I didn't realise that they bottled emu p!$$ in the west. At leasr the water from the Torrens is drinkable when it has the Coopers label on the bottle.