QLD Relocating to Queensland - please help

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by robbie_p, 30th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

@robbie_p Manly West is largely a great area. The whole Bayside is absolutely gorgeous and seems to be performing well, you'll love it.

Also, bus network is average. Train station is convenient.

2. Meow

Meow Member

Manly West will be fine but do not bus from there to the city, you will want to drive to the nearest station with express services (Manly perhaps? Approx 40-45 min on the train Journey planner | TransLink )

3. robbie_p

robbie_p Well-Known Member

Thanks.. as my daughter will be going to Wynnum SS, ill get a lift to the closest station on the way to dropping her off.. ill only be going into the office 2-3 times a week (max)

Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Ricflair

Ricflair Well-Known Member

What part of Manly West?
    Some parts of Manly West are in Manly State School Catchment. Highly rated school, the other decent school around that part would be Gumdale. Wynnum etc is nice but would best be described as Very nice in certain pockets not so nice in others which makes the average score nice if that makes sense.
    Manly West can be the same, there are a few pockets with a lot of housing commission.
    I am very familiar with Wakerley, Manly West, Manly and Wynnum areas

5. robbie_p

We at Canton Court (Manly West)

6. robbie_p

By the way.. my daughter is at Wynnum SS.. how does it compare to Manly SS?

I was very impressed by the Wynnum SS grounds and facilities.

7. Ricflair

Ricflair Well-Known Member

Manly seems to be academically better. I'm saying that it's seems to be getting so popular it will get so big soon quality may drop. Wynnum State School facilities are good, it's. my schools score is bang in national average so I suppose that's where it sits. If you're happy with it then the school is the right one for you.

8. robbie_p

Hi All,

We have been in Brisbane for 3 weeks and really enjoy it :)

One question though..

We have been to the goldcoast twice since moving here, yesterday and the 1st Saturday we arrived. Both times we go stuck in heavy traffic, around 11am, heading from Brisbane to the Goldcoast on the Pacific Highway.

Any ideas whats the cause of the traffic? Maybe next time we head that way we will leave much earlier.

Cheers,
    Robbie

Nattl3s likes this.
  9. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

On nice weekends everyone leaves Brisbane and heads to the gold coast or sunshine coast. You need to leave before 9am to beat traffic. This will pretty much happen every weekend now its spring/summer. You get same traffic heading back as well depending what time you leave.

Dan Donoghue and Tom Rivera like this.
  10. robbie_p

That exactly what I thought and told myself (next time we leave before 9am).

Something else we will do is check the weather report as yesterday it was very windy on the beach and my mrs cant stand a windy day at the beach! haha

11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

It's always windy at the beach. Maybe go early in the morning and return in the middle of the day when the breezes pick up.

12. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

Yeah check the surf cams...Will give you a good idea of how windy it is! Early morning always least windy as Angel said.

13. robbie_p

The firstt ime we went to the GC, at the same time, it was lovely, no wind.

Yesterday there was a strong northerly wind, sand blowing everywhere, water very rough and choppy.

14. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I'm just guessing but it could be the number of cars on the road.

craigc, Kevvy7, Dan Donoghue and 2 others like this.
  15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

You can check the weather report and decide which beach to go to depending on the wind direction. The coastal weather reporter will even state which beaches will be out of the wind, which will be best for surfing or fishing etc. Then you can go either north or south of the headlands.

ps leave home really early in the morning, say 5am, for the very best beach experience.

16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe go into Nth-NSW next time if it's packed ,so many beaches some if there is anymore then 6 people it's crowded..
    Plus the way to drive on the M1 ,is stay in the slow lane on the outside ,unlike NSW where they only stay in the fast lanes to overtake,in QLD some stay in the fast lane and sit on 110 klm's ,pity it,s not Germany if you sat on 110klms in the high speed unlimited lanes you would not last long..

[​IMG]

17. namrata

namrata Well-Known Member

You mention the south side is better, but from the list of good schools - none are on the south side??

18. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Which list are you referring to?

19. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe rethink that one..Most of the Private Schools that sometimes come with a very long waiting list ,are on the southside inner southside..Are you talking Public or 20K plus per year private?..

20. namrata

namrata Well-Known Member

There is a dedicated bus lane but that doesn't alleviate all of the traffic issues. A majority of the bus route is not on the dedicated bus lane and within suburb roads that are subject normal traffic impediments.