VIC Relocating homes - Best value for money location.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by andrew_dc, 26th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. andrew_dc

andrew_dc New Member

Hi All,

I've been researching projects that involve relocating homes. After doing due diligence I think I'm ready to kick off a project and would be interested to hear from anyone who has relocated a home especially if it didn't go so well so I can learn from it.

Another question I have is where is the best value for money location to relocate a home to? and is there a systematic method to analyse sales data to determine this. To stretch the analogy it would be pointless relocating a weatherboard 3BR, 1 Bathroom 12 SQ home to Toorak or any Melbourne metropolitan suburb.

So Regional areas? But which one ? and based on what metrics?.. I suppose what I'm trying to figure out is how best to determine the suburbs or regions where you get your best bang for buck with adding a home to a block of land (even if this home has been relocated).

Best Regards,
    Andy

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

I know a work colleague who did the home from eastern suburbs to Daylesford

After 1+ years stil going and having issues doing this and that a lot of stuff needs to be added in. Basically I think it would be much cheaper just to have a fresh new build. As u will have to spend money doing extras

The cost would be far more and there are minimum savings. U better off just do prefab

3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Check regulations with local council.
    These vary.
    Marg