Relocatable houses

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by gach2, 8th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Just had a look online at relocatable houses (stumped qlder houses)

Im looking at adding an auxilary unit to my ip in logan came across a few companies that sell removable houses.

Thought removable house may be suitable as i dont want to over capitlise the existing property. Would also like to be a highset as i can have the parking space down stairs and also even build underneath as im limited to 70m2. Also it is next to highset properties so would match the buildings its around

Pretty much said 50=60k will get me 2 bedroom highset at 3m of the ground in decent condition on my property with building approvals. Pretty much the only things missing are connections and stairs to access the property. Would probably do a concrete slab as well if the intention was to build under.

Does anyone seem to think anything else missing?
    If anyone has any experience id love to hear
    Also what should i be budgeting for connections/2 sets of stairs and 70m2 concrete slab?

2. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Probably $3k-5k for connecting electricity. Same for plumbing.

Slabs are about $10k I think. Never done one though.

Stairs someone will probably charge you $3000 each set to supply and install.

The other issue is "decent condition" and what that means. Most removal houses are in horrible condition after they've been moved. And there is usually a lot of renovating needed.

3. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

good point - i would be able to have it inspected but from a cost point doesnt seem to beneficial
    ive been told its possible to build for around 80k

only good thing about removable homes is it takes 2 weeks to complete (unlike 8-12 for building)

4. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

I think a relocatable is only worth it when it's a really nice house
    IE - you could relocate and do up a really nice home for 120 - 150k

Something that you just can't get built anymore - would be worth the money then

Much plaster in the relocatable? Needs a bit of work after normally

Don't let that stop you but as Tim pointed out your costs will be more like 80 - 90k

So maybe a new build is a better idea seeing it's so small

The 50-60k seems a bit high to be honest but for some reason they charge more in Queensland