Rejected HomeBuilder Grant applications

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by HHolzy, 5th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HHolzy

HHolzy Member

I'm just wondering if people have heard of many HomeBuilder grant applications being rejected and what the reasons are?
    Has anybody been successful in disputing a rejection?

I'm worried about our application. We meet all of the criteria except 1 (which is outside our fault). Our Builder managed to bring our start date forward after another fell over, otherwise we would have been waiting over 3 months to start. This meant though that our land settlement and the foundations being laid all occurred in the same week.

Our bank took 3 weeks to lodge the Certificate of Title transfer documents with the Titles Registry which means our foundations and first progress payment were made prior to our names being registered on the title.

We can show all transfer documents were signed prior to the foundations being laid, however I'm not sure if that will matter.

2. TheMango

TheMango Well-Known Member

How did you go?

3. HHolzy

HHolzy Member

Still no word yet. QLD are advising there is a "minimum" 3 month wait on processing......

4. HHolzy

HHolzy Member

Just an update - QLD State Revenue Office have started rejecting applications based on our exact same circumstances.
    Unfortunately it seems like we too, will have our application rejected. It leaves a bit of a sour taste as on our side of things we made sure we met all of the specified criteria, it was all due to the hold up with Bank lodging our documentation (choosing to do it the old fashioned way instead of via Pexa which would have been instantaneous).

We are lucky and are not reliant on the grant for handover, however we will be living with a barren garden and sheets for blinds for a while yet...

5. TheMango

TheMango Well-Known Member

Hey mate, yeah I heard the same thing. Hopefully you can get some impetus with some other people who have the same issue and get common sense to prevail. Ridiculous government bureaucracy!

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia