Regular stainless steel laundry tub: does it go in before the skirting boards or after?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jaybean, 19th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

My carpenter is delayed but my plumber is ready to go. Does the tub usually go in after the skirting or does it press up against the wall?

My sink looks like this: Clark Utility Mini Laundry Tub And Cabinet With Floor - Bunnings Australia

Just to give some context: it’s a gyprock wall but it has been coated with anti mould paint, and the laundry tub will literally never get used for laundry purposes so it won’t always be used / wet. It’s only there for me to soak the dry bits of food from my cat’s bowl. So moisture / dampness and other things like that aren’t really a consideration.

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Actually ignore this post. I’m confident it goes in first as the tub has a metal lip that is designed to sit flush with the wall.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

If anything there would be a tile skirting around the tile flooring

Elives and jaybean like this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Yep, it's flush with the wall.

jaybean likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia