NSW Regional Towns in NSW for studio apartments

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by gach2, 30th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Port maquarie isnt really an option im interested - way too high costs

Grafton with the gaol opening is very interesting (theres a site across the road which is for sale and may be a good option - gaol employees, visitors, contractors + being near the hospital too (nurses people visiting patients)

2. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Kempsey - i know the demographics but if a pm can handle it, its not my problem lol

3. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Ah yes well keep hunting I am sure you will find your sweet spot. Many towns have a huge need for boarding house accom but unfortunately primary tenants can be single males after relationship breakdowns or following release from incarceration, this is actually a valuable community service but only a few folk would be willing to take it on as an endeavour as it is really a more high service accommodation business rather than passive rental property. I have friends in Sydney who did incredibly well providing this kind of accom in Redfern and other inner Sydney suburbs but as I said its not easy to set up and maintain healthy culture.

4. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

That's the typical boarding house set up though im looking too keep it quiet independent for the experiment. Most likely 4 detatched units on a corner block (cheap $$$) and have it managed by a REA. I can't see it being too profitable but should still have a decent cash flow

5. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

I have friends who have the same clientele for their boarding homes. It is not for the faint hearted. I personally would feel afraid to go into the properties and wouldn't feel comfortable sending a cleaner in for the weekly clean.

It is an in demand market though. They have expanded their housing stock to accomodate the demand.

6. Mr RD

Mr RD Member

I don't know if you have made a move, i have seen some good developments in central west NSW. There is demand but it is not well serviced. In box me if you want specific details. There have been a couple of variations on the group accommodation model as well that have been popular as serviced/furnished apartments and reportedly trading their head off.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.