Reflection: Unintended Direction

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by BKRinvesting, 5th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

I posted this in Guest 's intro thread, inspired by his own graph.

My intro post in 2015 stated:

Interestingly I'm now more certain of my 5 and 10 year financial/investment plans than I ever have been and Property Chat has been a key proponent in achieving that clarity.
    It just wasn't what I was expecting... My plan revolves around debt recycling, long term dividend growth, and an increased emphasis on personal/business income to turbo boost the result.

Anyone else experience similar, where you achieved your outcome but ended up somewhere different to what was originally thought? Investment or otherwise.

Side note: This forum is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I have lived long enough now to learn that life takes many unexpected changes of direction - it's no real surprise that your investment journey may do the same.

Also, your experience and knowledge changes your approach over time - as does the changes in economic conditions.

Change is inevitable - embrace it.

Side note: This community is amazing. :D

BKRinvesting likes this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

haven't got there yet the plan keeps changing!

I need to copy/paste your plan;) to my "reading pile" and add it to the master plan:)
    I am currently interested in several avenues:
    - purchasing a rundown block of units for positive cashflow, adding value through renovation/strata titling to create equity
    - entry level property development
    - entry level CIP
    - Boom market surfing (i.e. search and identify rising markets and buy/sell to create capital)

BKRinvesting likes this.