Refinance - Legal representative

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by propernewb, 14th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. propernewb

propernewb Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I've been trying to organise a refinance on our own for a PPOR, currently at 70% Lvr, no offset.
    We've organised a new lender and have had provisional approval - currently awaiting final approval.

I've filled out our discharge paperwork for our current lender and nominated the incoming banks our legal representative for the process.

Is this what is usually done or should I nominate a conveyancer instead?
    Interested to hear what others have done.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

If its a refinance the banks own settlement proess is only involved. There is no "conveyance" from a vendor to a buyer as such. Just a change of mortgagee on title. The two lenders will settle between themselves. One will release the mortgage on receipt of cleared funds and at the same time the other will seek to register their charge for giving that loan.

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

no need for an LPR

4. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

On the discharge, you can write down a few parties if you want. Doesn't really make a difference. It's just who you are giving authority to call up about the discharge

5. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

If an investment loan is being refinance from one bank to another, is there anything specifically that I need to ensure that the interest deduction will be maintained once refinance of the loan is complete?

1) refinance loan requested with incoming bank is for the same amount as the split accounts as they sit currently.
    2) it’s a lift and shift of same loan amount but with another financial institution on the Investment Loan of same type.

6. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Nope
    Probably let your accountant know of the change in rate? Not sure, not an accountant myself, but from a finance perspective no

Last edited: 14th Jan, 2022
    momentum26 likes this.
  7. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W likes this.