Redlands Brisbane 4 lots.

Discussion in 'Development' started by Rich2011, 29th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Am looking at the purchase of 4 lots together (side by side) with an existing house over 2 lots, for sale together at auction in Brisbane, as the 4 lots have separate titles but only one water meter and electricity connection for all 4 (to the existing dwelling) do I have to provide these services to be able to resell the 2 vacant lots? Any idea on the approx costs to get these services connected per lot? The vacant lots are 405m2 each. Anything else I am missing to permit the sale of the lots apart from water and electricity?

2. superace

superace Active Member

I'm not sure about redlands but with BCC, you are entitled to remove the house and sell off 4 lots. You just need to go to the titles office and seperate the titles into 4 names. doesn't take long. the downside to that is that any buyer looking to buy a lot will want to have connections. OR, price into their offer, how much it will cost to get connections to their lot. In most cases, developers will get the connections to each lot done so they can get a better sale and price. your best bet is to get a civil engineer onto it to give you a ball park figure. have you done dial before you dig so at least you can see where everything is?