Redland City, QLD, Great tenants, no fuss

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by sliderc, 30th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sliderc

sliderc Active Member

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to give my feedback on the Redland City experience I have had to date.

I've got a few investments in the area around Birkdale, Wellington point and Alexandra Hills and, while I've only had them 5 years, I have had only ever had 1 lease renewal and all the tenants are great.

I've had no damage, rent always on time and lease renewals almost every time.

I would love to have seen more growth over the past 5 years however the experience has been hastle free and I feel like the Redlands could be a great spot for the "slow and steady' club, with minimal tenant risk, probably due to the demographics of familys and a more relaxed lifestyle.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has had any bad (or likewise good) experiences in the Redlands also?

Have a great night!

2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Good to hear some good exposure..
    Redland city council is the least talked about here in pchat. Would definitely like hear any development opportunities there.

3. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Wondering anyone know the min frontage/lot size to do a splitter?
    Do they have similar 200m walk distance to district centre that enables you to subdivide on 600m2?
    Can you do duplex on 600m2 on suburban precinct?

4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Good rentals in the Redlands are hotly contested.

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I do not like the rates, is a nice place and council does seem to keep things looking nice.

Could easily live there, also has moved lately. I too think many there do not want it to become popular, they go there for quite family living.

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I was told 20m for complying development but you can do a splitter/battleaxe on land less wide if the back house can have a car turnaround

RetireRich101 likes this.
  7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Ps. What can I say except I really like the area. Not too far from Brisbane but it feels like a holiday lifestyle...
    I looked at both Redcliffe Pennisula and the Redland bayside in my quest to buy in Brissie... I think Redcliffe Pennisula had the cheaper buyin but the houses seemed too tightly packed together for my liking and just didnt feel as nice. Whereas in Redlands it feels like each home is a bit more spreadout and has a relaxed feel to it. Can I say its suburban with holiday vibe?
    I also stayed at my IP for a few nights... woken up by the chirping of birds, there's really nice walks and parks nearby and you can go for a picnic by the bay... launch your boats nearby at Wellington Point....

Homes with water views in Sydney are pushing towards the 3 mil+ mark in Sydney... but a home in Brissie near the bayside on a good block of land for the same price as a standard 2 br Suburban unit in Sydney...

Omg...

8. sliderc

sliderc Active Member

The Brisbane and Sydney coastlines vary so much its hard to see Brisbane coastline ever attracting the premium of Sydney Coastline. However, that said, there is something to save about being near the coast and water views will always be in demand. The lifestyle in the Redlands does include visiting the various points (Wellington, Cleveland, Victoria) however the water is far from beachlike and attracts the picnickers over the swimmers.

I love the Redlands for reasons you mentioned, SPACE!, being able to park where you drive, great schools, hospital, plenty of parks and I think most importantly if you plan on investing out this way, access to the Trainline for a 40 minute train ride into the city.

Its easy to see why rentals get tenanted by families for long terms.

Whitecat likes this.
  9. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

But so close to the beautiful beaches at North Stradbroke

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia