Redcliffe - can't find tenants

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Patrick1063, 1st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Yeah that frustrated me too.
    You need to remove the "m." at the start of the url to see the PC website version instead of the mobile version.

2. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

If it was a long term buy and hold for next time maybe consider professional photos. For $100 it would last a long time until you did major changes and would make the listing more appealing when they view it.

The photos were the thing that stood out to me making the place look small, dark etc. I didn't get into comparing rental price but these photos could last you 10-20 years.

kierank likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace New Member

Dont be stubborn like me.
    I had my 3 bedder in the logan area advtised for close to mid $300s, empty for 10 weeks because I was too stubborn to listen to advise: repaint as advised by the PM or drop rent (with a recent rent increase I didnt want to drop it lower). Note: vacancy rate increased around this time as numerous new apartments near the area; in comparison for price & size other places were newer & nicer, other bedrooms & kitchen's were larger. Not much interest from anyone.
    Overall, throughout that period, maybe less than 8 inspections and 4 were interested. I took too long to make a decision. Ended up following advise to repaint, keeping the rent and fortunately, found a single long term tenant who earns a 6 figure salary with a good rental history.

Ace

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia