Entertainment & Music Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by albanga, 1st Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Any of my PC family play video games?
    I use to absolute love gaming but as I have gotten older (36) I hardly play anymore.

My Xbox one hasn’t been turned on for 12 months but when I saw Red Dead 2 was coming out I had to dust off the controller.

The last 2 nights I have played a few hours and WOW!!! Even my wife walked into the lounge room and said “what show are you watching”...

Anyway just wanted to see if others out there are playing it. It’s so easy to get caught doing the same things and stop enjoying the stuff that makes you unwind.

Tim86, Zoolander, gman65 and 5 others like this.
  2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Same here mate, it’s collecting dust but might have to get it, red dead 1 was pretty good.

Tim86 likes this.
  3. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

I recently acquired a beast of a gaming PC so my console haven't been touched in some time.

Recently Far cry 4 took up enough of my time,
    I am a little scared to pick up RDR2 when it does release on PC.. I may end up reported for family neglect :eek:

Ah, who am I kidding. It's a rockstar game... Of course I will get it and thoroughly enjoy every moment. :)

4. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

me..i spent way too much of my life in video game... i am one of those stereotype males. haha

probably wont get RDR 2 yet as i still have persona 5 and witcher 3 to complete, next on my list together with spiderman (not a priority).

i also play wow & dota 2 hence everything else takes a step back as filler. :(.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Same, same, but PS4. Played a few hours over the weekend. Very good so far.

My only complaint is that there is just so much you can do that it's a bit difficult for a very casual gamer to remember all the controls.

So many side quests and things you can do that are almost a separate game in themselves. I sat at a table in a saloon playing poker for 30 minutes.

albanga likes this.
  6. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I just can't trust myself to play these days.

The games are just too good!

7. albanga

Haha mate I’m thinking of enrolling in a 5 day course on learning the game mechanics.
    You need to feed your horse to bond with it FFS!

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  8. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Haha I'm the same - no console or PC

I know how much I played in my youth when I should have been studying.

Not sure I can trust myself, likely end up gaming til 4am :|

Phantom likes this.
  9. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

About the only game I have played in recent history is Fallout 4. I will look at Fallout 76 when it is released. RDR2 looks interesting, I may give it a go.

Cheers,
    Inertia.

10. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

I've never grown up and now play video games on either my PC or PS4 Pro more than I ever have. :D Despite such dedication, there are so many games out there and I have at least 10 games I am yet to start or play through to the end. RDR2 looks great to me so it goes on my wish list for now.

11. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

I dusted of the PS4 and bought Red Dead 2 as well. Got SUPER excited at the prospect of GTA out west. I got bored of the story after about 2 hours. Wayyy too much focus on the guys horse, and wayyy too much time plodding through snow in what felt like needlessly long sequences.

My attention span is too short for that crap, I want instant gratification!

I've been playing GTA V for 10-15 minute blocks the last few nights, start up, all weapons cheat, go absolutely nuts until i get bored, then do something else hahahha.

bob shovel, albanga and Brady like this.
  12. albanga

Yeah it’s hugely story orientated!
    Last night I did a mission where I didn’t have any action for probably 1 1/2 hours.
    As soon as I could I punched some bloke in town and then got shot.

Tifoso, Barny and Brady like this.
  13. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Avid gamer here, can't wait for Metro Exodus early next year. I don't really use my PS4 any longer and my Switch I only bought so I could hack it which is now done so it sits there gathering dust along with all my other hacked consoles that don't ever get turned on.

I mostly game on my PC, big Half Life and Diablo fan, also like a little bit of old school RTS action with Dune 2 and Age of Empires still getting a play now and then.

Any further gaming time is spent adding to my collection of retro games and building the surrounding metadata which I play mostly on my PC but sometimes on Raspberry Pi.

albanga likes this.
  14. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Dune 2!! What a game!! I remember when it first came out. Mind. Blown.

15. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

As far as I am concerned it was as important for RTS as Wolf3d and Doom were for the FPS Genre and Diablo for the Hack n Slash genre :).

It's still a cracking game now, I still give it a good go ever year or so :).

16. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I was in college when that one came out. It got 'shared' by half the guys. We'd show up bleary eyed to breakfast and compare progress.

I just bought Fallout 76 and have Beta access. Managed to play for about 15 minutes this morning. Not enough time to make a solid impression, but it's promising and will probably satisfy if you're a Fallout fan.

albanga likes this.
  17. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Yep, I love playing games - it's my stress relief. Mainly Battlefield 1 (and all the other Battlefield series), but lately been checking out some other ones, thanks to @Dan Donoghue reminding me of America's Army.. I play that almost daily at the moment.

Waiting for the new Battlefield to arrive in the mail later this month.

Never got into the idea of RDD.. didn't appeal to me.

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  18. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Persona 5!! Now that's one hell of a game you definitely should finish. I was addicted like a maniac on my first run and now considering whether I should do my new game+ to get the hidden persona...and of course, get all the commu girls :p

Or RDR2? From the review and comments I saw so far it seems like an absolute amazing game but a super time drainer too!

Cheers,
    David

19. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Last game I actually played PS2

20. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i will soon, not enough hours in a day!.

blizzcon update

diablo 3 mobile coming, that will bring some delight to some of you as i read in previous post.

also warcraft 3 "remastered" is coming too.

David Shih likes this.