Sports & Fitness Recumbent exercise bike

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Wukong, 23rd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

Am thinking of getting one for the house, something we can do when we're too lazy to head out (which is most of the time!)

Any suggestions/ recommendations? The ones at fitness first etc look good but must be in the thousands. There's only 2 of us using it, so maybe something of a premium home grade, if there's such a thing.

2. GreatPig

GreatPig Well-Known Member

From what I've read, recumbent bikes are rather light on exercise value. I used to have one that doubled as a rowing machine, but after it died I bought an elliptical trainer instead. That was only a few hundred for something reasonable with computer controlled tension and a variety of programs (the recumbent bike was about $700 ten years ago, with manual tension control).

3. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Id just go ahead and buy an indoor clothes drying rack. Will be cheaper and more efficient than the inevitable primary use of your exercise bike.

Rugrat, Whitecat and Waldo like this.
  4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Forget buying a machine and use the machine you already have (your body). There are lots of free at home workout videos that require no equipment. Or more advanced ones use dumbells. This one is only 15 minutes you can do at home for when you are too lazy to head out ;)

15 Minute Cardio Sweat: HIIT Body Weight Workout

I haven't tried it yet but I am sure I would struggle to finish it.

5. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Bad investment. Unlikely it will get used very much in the long run unless you are different to 95% of others.
    Just do anything. Walk with friends. Go to gym group fitness. Start dance lessons. Do crossfit. Join a yoga studio.
    Mix it up but just do something active every day.
    And if you are struggling with weight the easiest solution is to eat more naturally prepared vegetables and less of everything else. You cannot out train a bad diet.
    Diet> exercise but you still have to exercise every day.

Perthguy likes this.