NSW Recommended PM Sydney Northwest?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Garde, 28th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Garde

Garde Member

Hi per the title looking for recommendation for a property manager to take over an existing lease in Sydney's northwest (Kellyville specifically). Not at all satisfied with the (lack of) communication from my current property manager and the ridiculous fees charged by the agency. Not looking for budget, but not happy with the standard of service for an agency that charges 8.8% on maintenance fees for jobs they arrange.

Marjorie Laquian likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I would talk to @Mel Morgan to see if she works in that area. If so, grab her.

3. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Ouch 8.8% on maintenance is crazy given we charge 0%, send me a msg or give me a call if you'd like to have a chat.

Sackie and Garde like this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I have never seen a agent apply a margin to a client disbursement. It doesnt fairly represent time taken. I would be avoiding such a agent unless you are asking them to project manage a reno project.

These days its less important that a local agent manages rentals as little reliance is placed on a available rentals list in the front window.

5. Garde

Garde Member

Thanks Mel, I will shoot a message off on Monday!

Exactly. The types of jobs I'd entrust to them to manage are typical repairs like oven, aircon etc, which all require the same level of effort to coordinate with a tradesperson - but vary wildly in costs.

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Ouch.

I recently had to re-route the external plumbing on a steep sloping block around a tree that was causing enormous damage - cost me $14,000 all up, are you trying to tell me that if this PM was organising this work for me, they would charge me $1,232 in fees for making a few phone calls to the plumbers who did the actual work?

I don't think so!

Definitely time for a new PM!

Michael Mitchell and Sackie like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I missed that part. It's daylight robbery. There's no way in hell they should get anyone's business.

8. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Charging for maintenance is becoming more common (especially with upward pressures on cost of doing business and downward pressure on management fees), but it's still not well received by clients- and I don't blame you! I wouldn't pay a maintenance percentage on general repairs.

I can highly recommend getting in touch with @Mel Morgan , we have a number of mutual clients who are all very happy with her.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nah just daylight robbery.....:eek:

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  10. Marjorie Laquian

Marjorie Laquian New Member

That's insane given our agency charges 0% fees on maintenance. I'm sorry that agency has broken your trust and taken you for granted.

Last edited by a moderator: 6th May, 2022