Recommended locations from buyer agents

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Anki, 18th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Anki

Anki Active Member

Buyer agents can certainly read the pulse of property markets, so lets share our experiences on the areas which they are pushing.

One of my friend has recently used services of one buyer agent who advised him to go for Sunshine. Personally, I am not a big fan of western suburbs, so not willing to bet there.

In Brisbane, metropole is recommending suburbs like Clayfield, New farm, New Market, Bardon etc. I believe you should have deep pockets if you want to buy in these areas.

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Anki

Where are you looking to buy?

Every BA client is different - and in my view the selection would depend on a number of factors including the client's budget, their goals, whether they are focussed on capital growth or cashflow or a mix of both, minimum yield / cashflow, houses vs units, the client's negotiables or non-negotiables - e.g. whether they want their property to be close to the city, near a train station or shops, size of the place etc.

Anki, EN710, Phantom and 1 other person like this.
  3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Tekoz, markson, Gockie and 6 others like this.
  4. Anki

Anki Active Member

I am looking to by in Brisbane. You are right that selection criteria could be different as per buyer's circumstances. Still, a given city could have multiple suburbs which can cater to the needs of different type of buyers.

5. Anki

Anki Active Member

Wow....Thanks for collating this info. Would spend some time in digesting all this information. Since I am based in Victoria, so also planning to engage a brisbane based buyers agent to do the legwork.

6. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

I would suggest determining what you are trying to achieve, your strategy, and figure out a criteria - knowing exactly what you are after will help you make a decision quick when the right opportunity presents itself.

A good BA should be able to guide you with it, but in my view as an investor you need to also drive some of this. Starting out - you don't know what you don't know.

To help with this read up on this forum and Somersoft to see what strategies others have used, what has worked / what has not worked, to come up with what you are comfortable with.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Jun, 2016
    Jacque and Anki like this.
  7. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

I'd be trying to find the closest suburbs to city at the price you can afford and the suburbs that have moved the least.

Btw, you don't need deep pockets to afford New Farm. That's my pick as Brisbane's most desirable suburb and there arent a kazillion units going in there either.

Anki likes this.
  8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

New Farm? Na, parking is terrible.

9. Anki

Anki Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I am looking for only houses and not apartments. Budget would be under 500k. Looks like I can only buy apartments with this budget in this area.

By the way, Murarrie looks appealing and I could see few properties in my budget.

10. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@wombat777 :cool:b thanks for remembering me mate.
    Yes, that's a great thread to watch and of course great place to invest (Park Ridge).