Recommended Handyman in Adelaide?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by doubletoplei, 17th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. doubletoplei

doubletoplei Well-Known Member

IP had some minor issues and the quotes I received from my PM's maintenance department seems to be much higher than the quotes I received from onling quoting services such as ServiceSeeking. Yet I'd say the trades people I received quotes from oneline are not diligent and seems to be on and off on tasks: Sometimes they do OK work, other times they simply choose to disapprear without a reason.

Anyone could recommend a reliable, trustworthy handyman? I intend to expand my portfolio in Adelaide and would love to assign all tasks to such a person and build a long-term relationship.

Many thanks.

2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Maybe swap PMs?

3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Was the quote you received from a tradesman via the PM, or from a maintenance company owned by the PM? A good ethical PM should not be having overpriced works done by an affiliated company they own, it should all be at arms length for the best result for the client.

jim1964 and doubletoplei like this.
  4. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I can't specifically recommend anyone - but the HI pages could be a good start. I was at a friends house on the w/end and was super impressed by the amazing landscaping job someone he'd found of the HI pages had carried out.

Cheers

Jamie

doubletoplei likes this.
  5. doubletoplei

Thanks Dave. It's from a maintenance company owned by the PM. I have just had a dispute of a maintenance job with the PM's maintenance manager. I had a few quotes on the job and all are below $200 but I was charged $320 by the PM's maintenance guy. After the dispute he agreed to refund me $100, which left it at $220, still more expensive than other quotes I got.

My issue is that I am from interstate and don't have good sources of trustworthy local tradies in Adelaide. I tried to find someone on the web but they either didn't show up or make plain lies. Would be much appreciated if someone could share a few great local tradies, i.e. handyman, electrician, plumber, etc. for long-term partnership.

Thanks very much in advance.

6. jim1964

jim1964 1941

Happy to give you recommendations of tradies on my list in Adelaide, i don't let the PM organise any maintenance on my behalf.Any help send me a PM.

doubletoplei likes this.
  7. doubletoplei

Thanks very much @James McIntyre, PM sent.