Recommended Accountants Canberra

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by pacey, 17th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pacey

pacey Well-Known Member

Hi all

I've been using Etax for a number of years for my personal tax returns and they've been pretty good. Granted it's been very simple with only an annual payment summary and no investments. However this is going to change with turning my PPOR to an IP and while Etax advised they do provide these services I'm comsidering what other property savvy accountant in Canberra (or even online) might be more helpful. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Are you happy to work with your accountant over the phone / internet? You don't really need to be in the same physical location as your accountant.

My old accountant was actually in Canberra and I met with him when he came to Sydney once per year to get tax return stuff done.

Now I use Nick Moustacas from Strategic Wealth Management - they are in Hurstville, Sydney. I only ever meet with them when I'm doing a big planning session and only because it's convenient to do so - mostly it's all done remotely.

There are some other accountants listed in our Service Provider Directory too ... Service Provider Directory

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I'm with Sim - if you're happy to deal over phone/email (which is sooooo much more efficient) then you can choose any accountant in the country.

There's some good ones on this forum too! Check out the directory link above and read up on their posts. You'll soon work out who's in the know.

Cheers

Jamie