Recommendations - Replacing a retaining wall - Brisbane

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Shady, 29th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Need help finding a tradie/landscaper/handyman to repair or replace a retaining wall in Algester. More importantly it needs a new ag drain and connection to the stormwater. Back yard water issues coming into lanudry, 3 times in 9 months.

2. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Maybe this should have been posted in "Repairs and Maintenance"

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Hi slim, got a photo?
    Could be a water leak.is this a new problem? There was another thread a few months back about to rip up a wall but turned out to be a Plumbing problem (sorry thread creator)

4. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

No photos unfortunately.
    I read through that thread but it's definitely a drainage issue. Only floods when there is the massive down pours. The water just cant get away fast enough. No sure if the current agdrain is connected to the storm water or not and may also need to address storm water to the street and/or install a retention pit The retaining wall runs the width of the block and is only 800mm from the rear boundary so not a small job.

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

How far from the wall to the house? Sounds like it could just be the yard and the amount of water it catches plus not getting way quick enough, not so much an issue with the ag drain

6. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Walls about 2.5m from the rear of the house.
    I know what the issue is, just looking for recommendations for tradesman in the area (Algester).
    A couple of metres of the existing brick retaining wall collapsed (prior to purchase), it's been cleaned up and the dirt is self retaining. Just need the retaining wall replaced and a new ag drain installed behind the wall and connected properly to the storm water.

7. Karl

Karl New Member

Hi Shady,

I'm in Hillcrest and used Total Turf & Landscaping about 12 months ago. I'm happy with their work and would use Simon (0477 432 075) again.

Shady likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia