Recommendations for solicitors in Sydney North Shore

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Cattu123, 6th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Cattu123

Cattu123 New Member

Hi guys

I'm looking to purchase my first property and would appreciate recommendations for a good solicitor who is experienced, diligent and trustworthy, and is based in Sydney (preferably in the Lower North Shore, but not a requirement).

I understand that it's not essential that the solicitor is based in the same area as where the property is, but I wonder if there may be any benefit that the solicitor has local knowledge and have dealt with similar properties in the same/surrounding areas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The locality of the solicitor would have almost zero bearing unless you want to look at them when you discuss any matters. Its all DP / SP and numbers and one settlement is much the same as another. A NSW solicitor that handles conveyancing as a major element of their business would be a good idea rather than one who does criminal law too. Of course you could also save a marginal amount using a conveyancer but if a issue occurs they may need you to see a solicitor. IMO its better to just use a solicitor who focusses on conveyance.

Trustworthy solicitors....o_O Arent they all ?

Some PCers may suggest someone .... I had a client suggest these guys

Home they do a fixed fee etc.

Cattu123 likes this.
  3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Cattu123 likes this.
  4. Cattu123

Cattu123 New Member

Thanks a lot for the reference, guys! :)