Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Recommendations for marketing a new listing site?

Discussion in 'General Property Chat' started by Commedave, 11th Nov, 2015.

1. Commedave

Commedave New Member

Myself and a small team of coders recently finished making a very low-cost and effective property listing website. Now we're looking ways to get the word out about it. I won't post the name of it here because that's against the forum rules.

We don't have a big marketing budget (the site is just starting off) but we're pleased with our product and are passionate about changing the way property is listed in this country. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

There's many alternative free sites out there and has been for some time, however they gain very little traction. If you still think it's worth the time then you first need to get agents to use the website to provide the stock and then market to the buyers/renters.

3. Commedave

Commedave New Member

Yes, that's what we were thinking too. In fact, we have arranged our system so that only real estate professionals can list on our site; we don't want to do them out of business by having vendors etc list without them.

The free alternatives all seem to have some kind of higher-paid ad or favorable listing scheme in place. It renders the search on the site less effective. On our site, all listings cost $10 and there aren't any higher paid options. It's just a question of how best to let real estate agents know about it without sounding spammy.

4. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Maybe work out some agreement that on brochures they publish a direct link to the add on your website and you will give them free listings for a set period.

Without stock you cant get buyers to the site, without buyers the site is useless.

Getting the stock I think will be the easier part however getting the buyers is going to be harder. Remember there are some very big players in this field who have a very large market share. Myself I only look at RE.com and Domain and maybe sometimes will look at Gumtree.

What benefits is there for a buyer using your site? As I really like the invest section on RE.com and the apps they both have.