Recommendations for a comestic reno 2 bed apartment in East Sydney

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by FrivolousPanda, 17th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FrivolousPanda

FrivolousPanda Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Planning to spruce up a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment in Zetland area in Sydney with a paint, flooring change and new blinds/curtains as it's been 10-15 years since anything was done. Intend to rent out so hard wearing, low/easy to maintain is the aim.

1) For the flooring it's currently carpeted in the living, dining and bedrooms. Would hybrid floor boards, vinyl or something else be a good choice to replace all the areas? The flooring needs to have 5 Star rating in accordance with AAAC (Current AAAC Impact Isolation of Floors between Tenancies = 45db)

2) Any suggestions for blinds/curtains for rentals? Currently vertical blinds in bedroom windows and roller blinds for the balcony sliding door. They were ok but I did find that they are a little prone to damage when the windows or doors were open with the blinds closed.

3) Does anyone have any recommendations for painters, flooring, or blind replacements?

Thanks

2. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

1) Have just organised putting hybrid flooring into a 2-bedder unit and it looks great. It has excellent sound insulation plus is very hard wearing and waterproof. I also have it in my personal investment property in Chippendale over a few years now and very happy with it.

2) I usually recommend roller blinds as verticals look so dated. I use No Bull Blinds and their semi-transparent product seems to wear better. Its still more economical and generally better than curtains.

3) Please PM me I can happily recommend some excellent painters, flooring etc

FrivolousPanda likes this.