Recommendation for Handyman/Plumber in GWS

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Totally_Smeng, 22nd Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Totally_Smeng

Totally_Smeng Member

Good Evening fellow Property chat members,

My tenants within my investment property which is managed by myself has come up with a list of repair issues for me to look into. I'm looking for suggestions and recommended tradies or handyman to address the outstanding issues that has been listed.

There are some issues listed that i feel that does not need to be attended to or that can be addressed by myself but i'm more then happy to consider your recommendations.

Main bathroom shower leaking
    Flyscreen window appears to be coming off (i intend to put screws to secure the flyscreen)
    Missing panels from blinds located in the lounge room (dont really want to do anything here as they have kids and the kids pulled out the beads for the blinds and pulling on them caused them to be broken)
    Garage door not opening or locking from the outside (every time when i attend i can open the garage door from the outside..... may just need some WD40)
    Ensuite bathroom door lock not shutting or locking (i had a look at this i might be able to buy a new set of door lock at bunnings and have this replaced myself)
    Laundry sink leaking
    Main bathroom sink leaking
    Aircon filter requested to be cleaned
    window located next to the front house door does not open (i've never tested this window so i'm not too sure)
    Beehives located outside windows within the front door area (Bunnings have some insert spray that can resolve this issue)
    Glass sliding door to the backyard is not shutting (It use to be just a problem with locking it as i don't have a key for this door but never an issue shutting it)
    Kitchen Vinyl is tearing apart (There were slight tears since they moved in i guess i can have this replaced if it has to be done)

The tenants moved in only for half an year and as you can see a number of problems and issues have arised. This would be the second time they have made a list of things for me to look into and repair. Previously i had someone look at all the taps around the house and have the washers replaced on them but obviously they started to leak once again. There were some other minor issues that i addressed myself also.

Please comment on the above and make recommendations on what i should to respond to each of the above request and a list of tradies if possible.

Best Regards
    SMENG

2. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

GWS = Greater Western Sydney?

If the tap washers were replaced and they are still leaking it is probably the 'O' rings. It always a good idea to replace everything at once i.e. I rings and washers. Same course of action for the shower, if it's the shower head use plumbers tape on the thread before screwing it back on.

I wouldn't screw the fly screen frames on and create holes in the frame, just replace the plastic clips (also at Bunnings)

In general it sounds like the house has a heap of minor maintenance issues, it's just easier to fix it all and I don't think the tenants are being unreasonable, everything you've listed isn't fit for purpose.

A handyman will generally cost you $50 per hour but you've got so many repairs you might be able to negotiate a day rate.

Try www.serviceseeking.com.au and the trades will come to you, you can also view their customer reviews and ratings.

3. Totally_Smeng

Totally_Smeng Member

Hi Tim and Chrissy,

Thank you for your reply and comments in regards to the plumbing work and the flyscreen fence i'll look into these issues and try out the website that you have recommended:)

Tim & Chrissy likes this.
  4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Plumbing, Starr Plumbing in Seven Hills.

Handyman, VANZ Property Maintenance 0417664492

5. Totally_Smeng

Totally_Smeng Member

Thanks David ! i'll hit them up and maybe get them to have a look

Cheers
    Smeng:)